Senior Software Development Manager
Chicago, IL or Asheville, NC
Who We Are
HomeGauge's goal is to provide tools that help protect and manage a home. HomeGauge is the industry leading home inspection & business management software inspectors need to best serve their clients (home buyers, home sellers, and real estate professionals). HomeGauge also helps make buying a home a little bit easier by providing tools, information, and resources to homebuyers that help simply such a difficult and stressful process. HomeGauge is a fast growing and exciting team of entrepreneurial minded people who are passionate about the value we create to our customers.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Software Development Manager, you will be key member of our development team. You will coordinate engineering activities relating to our platform and deliver working solutions to our customers. Serious candidates will be passionate about developing software with leading-edge technologies in a fast-paced, team-oriented, agile environment. We need innovative problem solvers who have demonstrable success using a variety of open source technologies and capable of managing multiple simultaneous projects.
- Collaborate with multiple teams to plan and implement product solutions
- Oversee execution and delivery of projects within an agile methodology
- Produce high-level technical designs and proposals and review application designs and implementations by team members
- Contribute to the product engineering planning process by providing technical requirements and scope estimates for proposed initiatives and product features
- Drive internal initiatives within the engineering group that enhance our ability to successfully deliver quality software solutions effectively and efficiently
- Manage a team of software engineers and foster career growth plans and continual learning for team members
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field of engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience utilizing agile principles as part of the software development lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience applying modern day architectural and application design patterns and practices to software solutions
- Minimum of 10 years of web and microservice based software development experience
- Experience preferred with REST, Git, Maven/Gradle, Spring, PostgreSQL, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, and various cloud technologies including the AWS managed service platform
Who You Are
- An accomplished leader with strong attention to detail and a passion for technology and innovation
- Someone with a commendable work ethic who takes ownership and initiative to drive toward business objectives with minimal direction.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
- High energy and drive, coupled with resourcefulness, required to succeed in a small company environment
What You’ll Get
- Ownership and challenge in your work
- Collaborate with intelligent and highly skilled coworkers
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and life insurance
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
- Company Culture that is Committed to Work-Life Balance for each and every employee
- Casual office environment with a startup feel – We have a particular fondness for Peanut M&Ms
- Fantastic Downtown Location connected to the Merchandise Mart
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Baker Tilly Vantagen has been engaged to manage this search process. Interested candidates should provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements electronically by clicking on the link below.