Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for a Night Shift Mechanic Supervisor
2nd Shift/Hours: 3 pm – 12 am Monday - Friday
Walters is a leading recycling and waste collection company to both residential and commercial customers in the Twin Cities area. We are family owned and operated since 1988 and have a fleet of over 75 diesel and CNG powered trucks and over 700,000 customers.
About the role:
As a Night Shift Mechanic Supervisor, you will provide supervision, leadership, and training to the 2nd shift team of Diesel Mechanics while adhering to safety and compliance standards, driving efficiencies, and supporting a culture of employee engagement. This position provides direct supervision to approximately 6 mechanics who are responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of our fleet of vehicles including 3 types of Garbage trucks, tractors and trailers, and heavy equipment.
- Conduct Quality Control Inspections, track and resolve issues
- Management activities including selection, training, development, performance management, monitoring overtime, and wage recommendations
- Back up mechanics as needed
- Provide safety leadership by ensuring safety objectives are met and mitigating safety risks
- Monitor, report on and make recommendations to improve shop performance, procedures, or productivity
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems to manage advanced preventative and repair maintenance functions of heavy equipment including Electronic diagnostics systems; Engine chassis repair and maintenance; knowledge of vehicle body control systems, including hydraulics and electrical systems; knowledge of heating and air conditioning systems to manage diagnosis and repair of complex heating and cooling systems; knowledge of welding and cutting tools to fix heavy equipment
- Manage related administrative matters for the team including maintenance records and ensuring the appropriate recording of information into Dossier Maintenance Software
- Ensure adherence to policies regarding inventory control systems and processes
- Anticipate business needs and plan accordingly to ensure that equipment, employee, and fiscal resources are utilized in the most efficient manner
- Promote external consulting program – Total Process Reliability (TPR)
- Work closely with Fleet Operations Manager for continuous improvement of the team.
- Leadership experience a must.
- Diesel Mechanic experience is a must.
- Class A or B CDL Preferred or will work with Walters to obtain.
- Computer savvy – Dossier, Microsoft Office
- Prior safety champion experience preferred
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays.
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.