Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Special Events Attendant. There are 14, part-time, variable hour, temporary, non-benefited positions available.
This position is responsible for providing customer service to guests for special events such as but not limited to concerts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provide customer service information and assistance to the public and staff in person including: general information, educational/interpretive programs, and special events.
- Communicate onsite issues or ideas for improvements regarding customer service, personnel, policy, or other related areas.
- Perform physical check of personal belongings being brought into zoo concerts. Use tools and sense of touch/weight to identify items not permitted inside concert gates.
- Collect admission tickets and passes from zoo guests at zoo special events.
- Greet patrons attending entertainment events.
- Examine tickets or passes to verify authenticity, using criteria such as color or date issued.
- Provide general zoo information such as exit locations, safety rules and guidelines, and other information and assistance in case of emergency.
- Evaluate and determine appropriate admittance of persons without tickets/passes and define and report to Lead or Security persons who may not meet safety rules and guidelines.
- Interact directly with and assist visitors of all ages.
- Expedite visitor entry, establish queuing lines, and help with crowd control in a positive, customer friendly manner.
- Attempt to rectify visitor disputes, complaints, and issues or pass to Lead if appropriate.
- Assist parents with locating lost children.
- Ensure a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers; monitor crowd flow for key areas and entrances and report safety concerns to a supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Set-up, organize, and arrange any necessary equipment or program items.
- Support zoo policies in a professional manner.
- Perform breaks if necessary.
- Assist other Guest Service/Events units with related special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or three (3) or more months related experience; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to use computers to access email and submit online timesheets.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with the public, including diverse populations.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks and demonstrate time management skills.
- Demonstrated reliability and punctuality.
- Ability to work a non-standard/flexible schedule, which may include weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Resume is required, cover letter is optional but preferred.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at email@example.com.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.