The purpose of this position is to provide maintenance of environmental Infection Control with acceptable levels of bacteriological, as well as visual cleanliness throughout the hospital/medical facility. Work hours are 24 hour coverage rotational, day or night shifts, weekends, holidays and occasionally overtime.
- Disinfects patient exam rooms, bathrooms, offices, hallways, water fountains, and other assigned areas daily to prevent cross contamination.
- Scrubs and disinfects commodes, urinals, washstands, fixtures, water fountains, and mirrors.
- Replenishes paper supplies, liquid hand soap and hand sanitizers in dispensers daily.
- Cleans venetian blinds, wash walls, vents, windows and glass partitions, and other assigned areas.
- Vacuums, extract carpets, dust mops, mop floors, and polish floors daily. May strip and wax floors as necessary or as directed by immediate Supervisor.
- Disinfects room thoroughly after patient has been discharged. Special cleaning on isolation exam rooms after patients are discharged using proper antiseptic techniques.
- Receives hospital clean linen deliveries; maintains a system of linen control and distribution; delivers clean linen to patient’s areas as requisitioned.
- Collects soiled linen, regular waste, Bio-hazardous waste, sharp containers, and Chemo waste, and delivers to appropriate area.
- Minor maintenance work such as: unclogging a latrine, changing light bulbs, water fountains, patch work on walls, painting, hoeing weeds, picking trash outside and installing paper towels, liquid soap, and hand sanitizers dispensers. Removing snow and de-icing sidewalks.
- Ensure Proper PPE is always worn while on duty. Face Surgical Mask is worn in all Hospital areas. Cloth Masks may be worn in the Office areas. Self-Monitor, Wash Hands and or well use hand sanitizer, Social Distancing well be practiced.
- Proper PPE is worn inside assigned Clinics or Units. NIOSH- approved N95 Masks filtering face piece respirator or higher, if available, Eye or Face shields, Gloves, and Isolation Gowns.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. Training well be provided.
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform other duties assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires the ability to prolonged periods of standing; walking; sitting; talking or hearing; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel; push/pull; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and, reach with hands and arms. Must be able to taste and smell. This position does require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds frequently and occasionally may be required to lift up to and above 100 pounds using correct judgement, assistance and body mechanics. Moderate heavy physical effort is required continuously in performance of manual cleaning tasks. Must be able to perform prolong periods of repetitive motion actions using both feet and hands. Must be able to repetitively for prolong periods complete grasping simple/light; grasping firm/heavy; and, fine dexterity with both hands. Must be able to withstand moderate noise level and be able to hear alarms on equipment; client calls; instructions from physicians/department staff; and, overhead speaker calls/announcements. Position requires the ability to see close, distant, in color, peripheral vision, depth perception, with the ability to adjust focus as needed.
Must be able to prioritize and use good judgment. Must be flexible as schedule changes and high demands verbally requested in assigned areas, need to be met.
Position can expect to work over ½ the time in wet, humid non-weather-related condition; work near moving mechanical parts; and, be subject to vibrations from machinery. May also require working 1/3 of time intermittently with Toxic or caustic chemicals; Outdoor weather conditions; Extreme cold or heat non-weather related; risk of electrical shock; and, risk of radiation exposure. This position also works in prolonged exposure of potential infection diseases.