We are seeking applicants for a full-time Laborer/Fabricator on our first shift at our Sedalia location. Standard hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. ???????**Summer Hours are 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM. Summer Hours in effect through September 4, 2021.
DeLong's, Inc. is a steel fabricator that produces steel bridges and miscellaneous bridge components for the transportation industry and structural steel for the building industry. Due to our unique production processes, we provide extensive on-the-job training. Even without a technical background, a candidate with strong work ethic and a desire to learn and build skills will have the opportunity for growth and advancement. Founded in 1944, DeLong's offers more than 75 years of stability to our employees through reliable wages and rich benefits, including affordable health insurance and employer-funded retirement plans. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Duties and Responsibilities
Once trained and/or certified, the individual filling this position could be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Use a grinder on workpieces to prepare for welding.
- Fabricate and assemble steel bridge parts based on internal shop drawings.
- Set up and operate fabricating machines such as automated welders and CNC drills.
- Move workpieces using overhead cranes and jib hoists in compliance with all safety protocols.
- Strong organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and time-management skills are required.
- Dependability through regular and reliable attendance is required.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for education.
Important Skills: The following skills are necessary for long-term success in this position, but can be learned through on-the-job training for the motivated candidate:
- Ability to use and read a standard tape measure.
- Construction or fabrication experience.
- Material handling or physical labor experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings.
- Welding experience.