We are seeking a Registered Nurse – After hours PRN Nurse to join our team!
Is telephone triage your thing? Are you experienced in behavioral health? We are looking for a dynamic RN able to work afterhours PRN and on a rotating weekend schedule. Primarily review and triage for emergency admissions and paperwork and nurse-to-nurse calls with Emergency Room nurse. May require a face to face nursing assessment on a Saturday and/or Sunday. Will require 2 weeks of training with our day shift RN. Duties may include nursing assessments, triage calls from direct care staff, treatment and care of crisis home or transitional home residential clients, and collaboration with other team members or on-call physician.
• Administer nursing care or triage to ill, injured, or dysregulated clients
• Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior to medical director
• Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding client care
• Educate clients about their treatment and care
• Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
• Maintain accurate medical records
• Provide education and emotional support to the clients and their family members PRN
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous experience in psychiatric, mental health or intellectual/developmental disability nursing preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft office, medical software and equipment
• Ability to build rapport with direct care staff and clients
• Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
• Rotating responsibility for after hours and weekend on call support
Easterseals UCP is a leading behavior health provider in the community. We provide services to individuals requiring mental health and IDD services. Our purpose is to provide meaningful and exceptional services so that children and adults living with disabilities and mental health challenges can live, learn, work and play in their communities.
Minorities are encouraged to apply