A. Education and Experience:
· Ability to work in a food manufacturing environment;
· Previous food industry experience is preferred.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to speak and write English at a basic level;
· Must be adaptable and flexible;
· Ability to communicate and understand expectations for role;
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
· Recordkeeping / documentation skills;
· Basic understanding of laboratory testing equipment;
· Basic understanding of documentation needed for process;
- Must understand vague and implicit instructions and react favorably in all work situations;
- Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people and conditions.
- Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
- Must understand people and be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to do basic math calculations as required.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used:
· Forklifts and other manufacturing equipment for the receiving, movement and management of materials and granular sugar in totes or bags if needed;
· Office machinery including: Calculator, computer, printers, copiers, etc.
Working Environment / Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping and climbing;
· Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate manufacturing equipment, keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other equipment;
· Requires normal range of hearing and vision (including colors) to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports and laboratory results;
· Requires lifting up to 75+ pounds. Requires exposure to machines, chemicals and solvents.
· Work environment can be hot, humid, dusty or cold depending on the time of year; Employees may be required to work in or outside of the building depending on the needs of the role;