$1,000 Sign-on Bonus!
Provides individualized classroom support for children with special needs and/or challenging behaviors.
1. To provide individualized support to assigned children to help them participate in classroom activities
2. To use teaching strategies that illustrates the CLASS philosophy in Emotional Support, Classroom Organization, and Instructional Support.
3. To assist lead teacher by actively keeping children engaged during large group activities.
4. To purposefully interact with children and extend play and learning
5. To assist in the assessments and collection of documentation for assigned children
6. To provide a warm, nurturing, loving and positive environment, using positive guidance techniques and upholding the ECS Discipline policy
7. To develop nurturing relationships with each child that encourage his or her social and emotional development
8. To maintain all federal, state, local and accreditation standards (these may include those set forth by NAEYC, APPLE, ECS, DCF and Head Start)
9. To conduct daily health checks on each child
10. To follow policies and procedures regarding medical and dental emergencies, short-term exclusion of children, and the administration, handling, and storing of medication
11. To ensure that safe practices are followed to prevent injuries to children or self
12. To maintain sanitation and hygiene procedures and participate in the maintenance of the center
13. To provide and encourage effective communication and relationships with families so that parents feel comfortable talking to staff about their children
14. To inform parents concerning their children’s progress formally and informally, which may include parent notes, portfolios or parent conferences
15. To eat with children, encouraging proper eating habits and conversation
16. To communicate regularly with other staff in order to better serve children and families, including attending staff meetings, trainings, and sharing information
17. To have a cooperative, positive and supportive attitude within the program
18. To follow directions and assignments as given by supervisor
19. To work collaboratively and attentively with an in-class coach, Disabilities Specialist and Mental Health Specialist to meet the needs of assigned children
20. To maintain appropriate record keeping
21. To maintain confidentiality at all times
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other related marginal duties as required.)
· This position reports to the Center Manager.