The Director, People Development manages the organizational development function of the organization and leads with laser focus to optimize, develop and implement processes and programs designed to maximize employee productivity, performance, and engagement. This position will build a high performing Organizational Development Department with best-in-class training and development programs and is the primary culture carrier at the company, staying in tune with the overall organizational climate. A positive force for change and growth, Director, People Development sees the big picture strategy of the organization, layering in a keen understanding of organizational design, with also the ability to create strategic framework and tactical programs to drive business results. This position is responsible for managing and supporting the assessment of organizational needs and the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of team members, particularly executives and emerging leaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Leads the work of a team that studies organizational structures, business and operating procedures, reporting relationships, and team interactions. Develops and validates tools meant to measure employee productivity, performance, or engagement.
• Lead annual engagement survey, including building an action plan for continual improvement.
• Oversees the development of innovative solutions to performance issues or competency gaps and monitors program progress to completion. Provides reports to senior leaders on the progress of development initiatives.
• Analyzes results of needs assessments, focus groups, or employee interviews and identifies organizational weaknesses or areas for improvement. Creates interventions meant to address performance issues or gaps and monitors program progress to completion.
• Plan and lead short and long term planning for organizational development programs. Continually measure training results to show impact and pivot programs as needed.
• Identifies teams, departments, or functions that offer the opportunity for strategic change. Create and implement programs that connect employees with business goals. Designs new processes or operating models and creates timelines and project plans detailing the implementation process, specifically focusing on how employees' work will change. Collaborates with senior management in the communication of changes to employees. Identify gaps in employee knowledge or competency needed to support future-state processes and recommends training and development programs.
• Develop content with a design and marketing flair to support People Development brand.
• Prepare and monitor annual learning budget for all IncredibleBank departments.
• Lead, plan and establish the content and employee experience for the company's annual Vision Expo and quarterly new hire onboarding Break the Ice.
• Consult with department managers to identify core competencies needed to perform in the roles in their respective departments. Develop on the job training that develop the skills necessary to meet the competency requirements. Provides recommendations for performance gaps and development of new skill sets, i.e. address training needs outline developmental opportunities, etc. Provide program and course facilitation.
• Identify and implement data collection tools, data sources, benchmarks, and performance targets to assess organizational effectiveness.
• Prepare budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
• Manages all employees of the People Development function and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
• Establishes departmental policies, practices, and procedures that have a significant impact on the organization's long-term success.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university in Human Resources, training and development or Organizational Development Business or related field.
• Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Human Resources, Training and Development or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Development software and Design software.
• Some travel may be required; based on business needs.