Job Title: Digital Content Coordinator
Department: Marketing and Communications
Reports To: Creative Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-exempt
Date: May 2021
The Digital Content Coordinator plays an instrumental role in strategizing, creating, executing, and
maintaining up-to date messaging and external communication through the Houston Grand Opera social media channels
and website. Working closely with the Creative Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, and Videographer this position is
the central source and voice of all social content with the goal of driving brand awareness and positive audience
engagement. In addition to managing the social media platforms, the Digital Content Coordinator will support the
execution and creation of video projects including, but not limited to, onsite support, video editing, ideation, filming,
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Strategize with the marketing and communications team to create social media campaigns and adhere to a
regular publishing schedule across all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn)
• Collect, edit and manage digital assets (content, images, video) from all departments of HGO for social media
marketing purposes while ensuring content adheres to brand guidelines.
• Create content, as needed, at events by taking photos and videos to use on social media platforms.
• Promote the HGO brand, upcoming productions, community events, and others as needed.
• Establish goals to increase relevant followers and build a loyal following by interacting with customers on all
social media platforms
• Set clear objectives, report on key metrics, and consistently analyze insights to measure and assess the
effectiveness of online and interactive engagement efforts.
• Support the production of video projects and develop content ideas.
• Manage assigned video projects from planning to execution including onsite support, shooting, editing,
• Assist in maintaining website by updating content in a timely manner, building new pages when
requested and reviewing content regularly for inconsistencies and outdated information.
• Schedule social media take overs and work with cast and creative to ensure content is streamlined and
adheres to brand guidelines
• Proven -in-depth understanding of all social media channels required, Google Analytics, and measurement tools a
• Proven strong writing skills, content development, and some design skills required. Photography skills a plus.
• Video editing a plus.
• 3-5 years of marketing, social media, communications experience required.
• 2-4 years of video production experience required.
• Knowledge of operatic repertoire, opera artists and classical music a plus.
SPECIAL JOB CHARACTERISTICS:
Detail-oriented with attention to process, the ability to multi-task, work quickly and efficiently, and function with
minimal supervision while working against deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required. Must be a team player
and possess excellent interpersonal & customer service skills. Some weekend and night work required. Perks include
access to final dress rehearsals.
• This position requires is a highly self-motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting
with current and future customers. This individual should be engaging with the online audience daily, with the goal
of turning fans into customers.
• An essential component is communicating the company's brand in a positive, authentic way
To apply for this position, please visit Houston Grand Opera's job board at https://www.houstongrandopera.org/employment-and-auditions/ RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL FILLED.
Houston Grand Opera is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual preference, age, non-job-related disability, or marital status.