We are seeking an Accounting Assistant in the Finance Department at Cedar Haven Healthcare Center. Cedar Haven, a large skilled-nursing facility, provides high-quality skilled nursing, short-term rehab, memory care, and hospice services in Lebanon. Cedar Haven recently celebrated 50 years of providing high-quality healthcare for the Lebanon community thanks to our skilled and compassionate team.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. with a 1/2-hour unpaid lunch and two 15-minute breaks per shift. 4 hours a day every third weekend.
Purpose of Your Job Position: The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of the facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting principles relating to the long-term care operation, and as may be directed by the Business Office Manager.
Reporting Relationship: Responsible to Business Office Manager/Facility Controller; Employees Supervised: None.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for tracking residents’ income and their accounts in our computerized system.
2. Take all income checks and put in order.
3. Post Social Security, Pensions, and other income for residents to computer. Deposit these checks to the appropriate accounts.
4. Post all income and charges to and from residents’ accounts.
5. Write checks and deduct funds from residents’ personal accounts what is due for maintenance and adjustments.
6. Answer relatives and/or residents’ questions either in person or by phone about residents’ accounts or checks.
7. Distribute Quarterly Financial Statements to residents and families.
8. Disburse residents’ funds as necessary and keep an adequate amount of money on hand to do this.
9. Make end-of-month bank deposits (e.g., Gift Shop, residents, etc.)
10. Communicate with families and outside agencies concerning errors or questions on bank accounts, pensions, etc.
11. Maintain a file of copies of all debits, credits, etc., issued to each resident.
12. Assist in balancing accounts receivable.
13. Prepare and mail statements.
14. Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Office Manager concerning accounting functions.
15. Perform secretarial functions as necessary or directed.
16. Assist in preparation and implementation of changes in our accounting system as necessary or directed.
17. Monitor and collect accounts receivables. Report delinquent accounts to the office manager.
18. Enter data into the computer as necessary.
1. Maintain confidentiality of all resident information.
2. Experience with Word and Excel preferred.
3. Experience with PointClickCare desired but not required.
Cedar Haven provides our dedicated employees with a competitive benefits package, including 3 health insurance plan options, vacation and sick days starting in the 4th month of employment, employer-paid life insurance for FT employees, holidays, bereavement, and more. If you are interested in applying for this position please complete our online application or email Mindy Peiffer at firstname.lastname@example.org.