George School has an opening for a Learning Center Associate. Recognizing the diverse backgrounds and range of our students, the Learning Center Associate will work in close collaboration with the Director of Learning Center Services to devise, develop, and implement supports for students as they work toward their academic goals. In addition to individualized support, the candidate will provide small group instruction, keeping students engaged, productive and on task. To that end, the successful candidate must be able to foster positive relationships with students, faculty, staff, and parents. The candidate should also have experience working with students with learning differences and/or weak academic skills. They also must have a growth mindset and, in turn, aspire to cultivate such a mindset in others. This is an academic year position.
• Implementing academic support plans and monitoring progress of students across the curriculum
• Providing executive function coaching on an individual basis
• Developing academic skills, such as reading, note-taking, and study strategies
• Assisting students with writing assignments and research papers across various disciplines
• Communicating regularly with parents, advisors, and faculty about student progress
• 3+ years of experience working in a high school setting
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Must be able to exercise discretion and handle confidential information
• Proficiency in Office 365, Google apps, and Canvas preferred
• Commitment to the philosophy and values of a Quaker educational community
This position is currently not accepting applications.
To search for an open position, please go to http://GeorgeSchool.appone.com