|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Los Angeles; Remote for the right candidate
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is seeking an organized and driven development professional to serve as the Manager of Individual Giving. This individual will serve as part of a growing team that is committed to growing philanthropic support at the nation's premier organization focused on the transformative impact of data-driven interventions in public safety.
Over the past year, the organization has seen an influx of donations of all sizes. The primary responsibility for this role is donor engagement, stewardship, and solicitation, focused on individual donors up to $1,000. The position will implement strategies in coordination with other members of the team, with particular emphasis on outreach with donors, increasing sustainer/monthly giving, and growing revenue from annual fund and mid-level supporters.
The individual should have experience building out successful donor acquisition and annual fund engagement programs as well as working in partnership with communications professionals and program experts to design outreach strategies and campaigns.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Development.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors who give up to $1,000 annually; maintain personal contacts and involvement activities for these donors
- Achieve monthly targets on donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities and keep accurate engagement records
- Work in coordination with the Assistant Director of Development and the communications team to design and manage direct marketing efforts focused on messaging to annual fund and mid-level donors, including multiple direct mail/email appeals annually and regular digital communication
- Develop and manage individual donor-specific written materials, including solicitations, renewals, stewardship communications, and program updates
- Assist in the planning and oversight of cultivation and stewardship events
- Work collaboratively with the Development Team to develop realistic and attainable budget projections related to individual contributed revenue goals.
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 4 years professional fundraising experience; a background in fundraising for a think tank or data-focused advocacy organization is a plus
- Experience engaging directly with donors, and employing moves management processes to encourage increased giving
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with donors, volunteers, and program and administrative staff
- Comfort with managing up and communicating your ideas and recommendations clearly and convincingly
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to offer creative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel)
- Knowledge of and experience with databases (Salsa and/or Salesforce CRM software a plus)
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Please submit the following materials to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Supplementary application materials that you believe to be relevant