This position provides support for the CHS Management Department. Primary duties are to work with and assist PRC Specialists personnel to answer/route phone calls, direct patients to appropriate personnel and sort/organize incoming patient documents in preparation for data entry daily. Office is a fast paced, high-volume environment that requires ability to handle multiple assignments, balance priorities and make sound decisions in conjunction with strong organizational and excellent typing skills. Additional duties include clerical support in tandem with the Administrative Assistant and other duties as assigned.
- Receives and screens incoming phone calls, identifies nature of business and determines appropriate course of action with a positive customer service attitude to include professionalism, patience, active listening, good voice tone, empathy, respect. Takes messages for staff in their absence or directs urgent matters to the most appropriate staff member. Tactfully communicates with respect to patients and families during time of emotional and physical stress.
- Sort and organize incoming referral, notifications, claims, bills, etc. daily in preparation for data entry. Distribute urgent referral to appropriate PRC Specialists.
- Responsible for daily data entry of referrals and notifications into the Plexis Claims Management (PCM) software or current utilized PRC claims management software to establish patient records in preparation for PRC Specialist to determine and process referrals/notifications.
- Enters notes into Business Office Comments (BOC) sequencing events of actions taken for each patient record, i.e. phone calls, providers, purposes, etc.
- Assist with forwarding referrals for non-TCRHCC patients to appropriate service unit within 72 hours of receipt.
- Utilizes computer programs and office technologies (copier, calculators, computer, fax machine, etc.) to communicate data for the purpose of conveying information.
- Maintain patient files/records: files referrals, notifications, claims, bills and other incoming paperwork in an organized manner for quick retrieval for referencing, research, follow up, etc. Maintains active files, store inactive files, and prepares archived files to box for long term storage.
- May assist with troubleshooting and processing of various reports using the established PRC software systems.
- Ensure proper PPE is always worn while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position requires an individual with enthusiasm that can maintain a business week schedule to meet the requirements of this position. Work is at a computer station with prolong periods of sitting; talking or hearing; or, use hands to finger, handle, or feel in entering a high volume of patient data daily. Intermittent walking; standing; stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling; bending; pushing/pulling; and, reaching with hands and arms. Must be capable of lifting up to 25 pounds of office files to assist with upkeep of general office area and filling room. Must be able to hear client calls; instructions from physician/department staff; and, overhead pages or announcements on a loudspeaker. Must have close; distance; color; depth perception; and, peripheral vision. Must be able to adjust focus as needed. Prolonged and frequent repetitive motion actions of both hands with frequent need to grasping: simple/light; and, occasionally grasping: firm/heavy; fine dexterity.
Incumbent must be able to prioritize and use good judgment in accordance with established instructions, priorities, policies, commitments and program goals of the supervisor and accepted practices. Must be able to coordinate a variety of issues with high level of interruptions. This position requires the ability to proficient read, write, and comprehend.
This position typically works in an environmentally controlled indoor workspace. There is occasional exposure to working near moving mechanical parts. The expected noise level is quiet.