The Application Support Analyst applies their knowledge of Healthcare Applications to administer, demonstrate, implement, and support various critical systems of the Tuba City Regional Health Care Corporation (TCRHCC). This position works to identify and recommend improvements for all hospital applications and workflow. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a diverse, multicultural environment. The candidate should also have a sense of ownership over all TCRHCC applications and should ensure smooth daily operation of all applications in the position’s purview. The ideal candidate will use extensive analytical and troubleshooting skills to carry out their primary responsibilities. They will have the ability to balance competing demands, urgent matters, and confidential material in a professional manner.
- Contributes to the maintenance of appropriate technical documentation necessary for IT Operations, training, workflow, and analysis.
- Provides application support to user requests, including dictionary configuration, functionality troubleshooting, training, and workflow analysis.
- Monitors applications to ensure systems are running at optimal performance levels.
- Participates in identifying and providing input for solutions and improvements to our applications and healthcare systems.
- Works with healthcare teams in operational and organizational analysis to identify areas of needed improvement. Designs workflows, processes, data flow and other solutions with customer’s systems and business practices.
- Participates in the process for successful deployments, including documentation of test plans, creation of test data, and evaluation of these results.
- Works with the TCRHCC Stakeholders in operational and organizational analysis to identify areas of needed improvement.
- Assist with workflows, processes, data flow and other solutions with vendor systems and business practices.
- Demonstrates application functionality to appropriate personnel as requested.
- Participates in the deployments and projects of the corporation projects team.
- Works as an active member of the project team to adhere to project plans and statement of work documents related to the implementation of various business solutions.
- Functions as an analyst during the implementation phases of various healthcare applications.
- Contributes to the development of training plans for users on applications.
- Contributes to the development and participates in the execution of workflow-based test plans for upgrades and new software deployments.
- Works with the TCRHCC stakeholders and super users to ensure the overall success of all upgrades.
- Demonstrates the ability to prioritize tickets based on impact to the client and the ability to respond based on impact to the hospital. Updates ticket categories accurately.
- Author and oversee all technical documentation necessary to facilitate usage and adoption of applications, including user and admin guides; routinely review documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Participates in daily stand-up discussions to share knowledge, to initiate help with issues that are presenting a challenge, etc.
- Assist in the identification and design of automated processes to increase testing efficiency and reliability.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Responsible for electronic health records data entry pertinent to patient service role.
- Participates in departmental workflow and or testing teams as related to electronic health record or other project initiatives.
- Ensure proper PPE is always worn while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee, and external customer satisfaction.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to sit, talk or hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms for a prolonged period of time, Applicant must also be able to stand and walk for an extended period of time as well as occasionally needing to push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and needing the ability to taste or smell. Must have the ability to intermittently be able to lift or pull up to 50lbs and occasionally up to 100lbs when necessary for equipment such as IT hardware, computer terminal and printers. This position requires repetitive motion of both feet occasionally. It also requires prolonged repetitive motion actions of both hands in grasping simple/light and fine dexterity. It does require extension repetitive motion actions of both hands in grasping firm/heavy. Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Applicant must write legibly and use a computer terminal; must be able to hear alarms on equipment, client calls and instructions from physician and department staff as well as the ability to talk over the telephone and in person with others.
Must be able to prioritize, use good judgment, and be able to coordinate a variety of issues while being frequently interrupted.
The typical noise level for this position is quiet.