|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Los Angeles; Remote for the right candidate
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is seeking a motivated Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager to oversee and further develop the organization’s foundation and corporate giving program, with a primary focus on cultivating fruitful, long-term relationships.
This individual will serve as part of a growing team that is committed to growing philanthropic support at the nation’s premier organization focused on the transformative impact of data-driven interventions in public safety. Working in partnership with and reporting to the Assistant Director of Development, the successful candidate will work closely with program staff, a contract grants writer, and be capable of communicating (in both verbal and written formats) complex programmatic work to funders.
Prior experience in nonprofit development, and specifically working with foundations or corporations to secure five and six figure grants, is required. If you have these skills, as well as a demonstrated interest and commitment to racial justice, we encourage you to apply.
- Manage a portfolio of active and prospective private foundations and corporate partners by establishing relationships with program officers, soliciting and stewarding gifts, and deepening ties with institutional funders.
- Conduct phone/video conversations with funders, in-person visits (post-Covid), and create written communications, including letters of inquiry, proposals, reports, and informal updates
- Achieve monthly cultivation, solicitation and stewardship targets and keep accurate engagement records
- Expand the universe of foundations and corporations that fund CPE by identifying prospective funders, cultivating relationships via outreach and events, and determining the right time to ask for support
- Collaborate with the Development team to establish an events schedule that appeals to both corporations and high net worth individuals, and coordinate event planning and execution with support from the development team and contractors.
- Manage CPE’s Justice Talks series of corporate information and outreach sessions, which provides corporate partner staff members with opportunities to hear from CPE program leads about projects and impact, and share ways to get involved
- Collaborate with the Sr. Development Director to determine annual income budget goals from corporations and foundations
- Work with CPE’s Finance department to share financial data with private foundations/corporations, including providing input to Finance staff completing budget and expenditure forms, and refining policies and practices around developing project budgets
- Ensure that all appropriate information about corporate and foundation cultivation activities, solicitations, and donations is entered into the CRM database
- Coordinate with the Assistant Director of Development on the grants calendar, including proposal and status report deadlines and serve as liaison to our contract grant writer
- Participate in and work on programs and events as a member of the development team
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years professional fundraising experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with (or in) formal philanthropic foundations and corporate social giving; a background in fundraising for a think tank or data-focused advocacy mission is a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with donors, volunteers, and program and administrative staff
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
- Must be able to effectively convey CPE’s mission and vision
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to offer creative solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort with managing up and communicating ideas and recommendations clearly and convincingly
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (e.g., Excel)
- Knowledge of and experience with databases (Salsa and/or Salesforce CRM software a plus.)
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Please submit the following materials to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Supplementary application materials that you believe to be relevant
Please be sure to label each PDF file by including your name. For example, your submitted CV should be labeled, “LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME.CV.pdf.”