Walters Recycling & Refuse is currently hiring for a Recruiter.
Apply today to join our growing team!
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 compressed natural gas (CNG) and Diesel Trucks and over 70,000 customers.
About the role:
As a Recruiter, you will identify, recruit, and screen potential employees for specific positions for Walters Recycling.
- Consults data and records to identify and select potential candidates for vacant positions.
- Phone Screens candidates, forwards qualified and interested candidates for the interviewing phase, and then connect viable candidates with hiring managers.
- Cold calling potential candidates for open and evergreen positions.
- Checks candidates’ references and credentials, verifying experience and backgrounds.
- Organizes and attends job fairs, campus events, and other networking opportunities.
- Follows up with hiring managers after the interview process to determine whether a job offer can be made; collects feedback when placement is unsuccessful.
- Provide all job offer details to Human Resources to begin the offer and onboarding process.
- Arranges zoom and/or in-person interviews (reserving conference room) with hiring managers and candidates.
- Maintains and ensures compliance with applicable equal employment opportunity (EEO) and related employment laws and regulations.
- Provides feedback on interview questions and processes for continuous improvement.
- Consults with appropriate Hiring Managers to understand the requirements, duties, and qualifications desired for the specified vacant position(s).
- Collects and analyzes data to maintain a current understanding of fair and competitive market salaries, candidate availability, and demand for candidates in particular fields.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with aptitude in conducting interviews.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Previous experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Thorough understanding of EEO, ADA, and other related employment laws and guidelines.
- Previous Experience with Ascentis Recruiting a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology, or related field required.
- At least two years of recruiting or related experience required.
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Walters offers competitive benefits packages including:
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance, Dental Insurance
- HSA Employer Contributions
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays.
- Free Trash pickup within the service area
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.