- Reports to: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
- Supervises: N/A
This position is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of Second Harvest’s data management tools. S/he assists in the development of data collection tools, ensuring data integrity, and providing training, support and maintenance for existing applications and reporting tools.
Project Management and Collaboration
- Work with SHFB leadership team and program stakeholders to recommend and develop data collection and reporting systems that ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Identify opportunities where technology tools and reporting can improve efficiency of business processes.
- Partner with staff to identify and develop operational metrics, reports and dashboards of performance outcomes.
- Support the food bank with ad hoc reporting.
- Collaborate with RVS Technology staff on initiatives as needed or otherwise assigned.
Data and Performance Analysis
- Build processes to catch data integrity issues
- Research software to determine which software best meets our needs.
- Perform complex data analysis, analyze problems, determine root causes, and manage master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Identify and revise reporting requirements.
- Identify opportunities to improve data and food bank processes.
Documentation, Support, and Training
- Create technical procedures and other documentation to support Second Harvests’ business applications.
- Manage and support the data warehouse for SHFB.
- Provide support, troubleshooting, and training needs for end users on new and existing database reports, visualizations, and dashboards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- 3-5 years of experience leading large cross-functional projects to successful conclusion. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.?
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledgeable in database management and structure and reporting tools such as Microsoft Dynamics, Jet Reports, Tableau, Power BI and CRMs.
- Technical writing, especially end-user documentation
- Experience using MS Project and other application development skills a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work with people of diverse economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds in a respectful manner.
- Clear and effective communicator: strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle and prioritize work in a multi-tasked environment, working to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases.
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem-solving.
- Ability to evaluate data and compile into presentation format.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other presentation software.
- Must have access to a motor vehicle, valid auto insurance coverage, valid California Driver’s License, and a satisfactory driving record (as documented by a current MVR obtained by the Food Bank’s insurance carrier), for occasional driving on the job.
- It is the responsibility of all SHFB personnel to participate in our Food Safety/Food Defense programs.
- In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
Benefits: For the employee: free dental and vision insurance (shared cost for dependents). Free life, long-term disability and AD&D insurances. Shared cost medical insurance. Eligibility begins on the first of the month, after 30 days of employment (i.e. if you are hired June 20th, you are eligible starting August 1st). This benefit package is valued at an average of over ten thousand dollars a year.
First year: 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 holidays.
403(b) Retirement Plan: Second Harvest matches employee contributions up to an annual cap.
Employee Assistance Program
Job Details: This is a full-time, regular, exempt position with a salary of $58,250 - $87,000 depending on experience. Position requires working occasional nights and/or weekends for meetings and/or events.
To Apply: Please submit cover letter and resume via www.thefoodbank.org/careers. Position is open until filled. We seek candidates that represent the diversity of the communities we serve, and strongly encourage you to apply.
SECOND HARVEST FOOD BANK SANTA CRUZ COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Second Harvest Food Bank does not discriminate because of race, religion, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions, genetic information, genetic characteristics or any other legally protected status. The Food Bank also does not discriminate based on the perception that anyone has any of these characteristics, or is associated with a person who has (or is perceived as having) any of these characteristics.