As a leading manufacturer and distributor of medical supplies and equipment for healthcare simulation and education, Pocket Nurse provides solutions and services that create hands-on learning experiences for the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our small business philosophy is, 'Use your best judgement every day.' Not only do we give team members the guidance and tools to succeed, we give them autonomy to do their best for the company to succeed.
The Distribution Center Specialist I is responsible for being proficient in performing the activities of picking, packing, and tote packing in the Distribution Center. Employees will be assigned to functions based on business and seasonal needs and will be cross-trained in all functions.
This position requires a careful adherence to defined work processes where repeatable results are needed. The work is highly precise and requires a very strong attention to detail. Individuals performing the job must be patient and conscientious to produce work output that is high quality with consistent, correct results. Much of the work can be accomplished by working at a steady, even pace.
Key Responsibilities and other duties as assigned:
- Picking duties include:
- Locates products in the Distribution Center layout and picking zones.
- Reads and fills customer orders using RFID scanners based on assigned picking waves.
- Records items and quantities associated to appropriate picking bins.
- Packing duties include:
- Verifies and confirms accuracy of picked orders.
- Records items and quantities associated to appropriate shipping container.
- Seals, labels and applies packing slip to each box properly for shipment.
- General duties include:
- Maintains excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment including adhering to and understanding OSHA safety policies and regulations.
- Attends all scheduled education sessions including completion of online modules.
- Wears proper safety equipment as required.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 2 years of Distribution Center / Warehouse relevant experience or a combination of 4 years of post-secondary education and/or Distribution Center / Warehouse relevant experience.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong mathematical skills including ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals and ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities and collaboration skills.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems and Shipping Software preferred.
- Must be available to work Monday-Friday 7:00AM-3:30PM and overtime as required.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive wages and quarterly bonus opportunities.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage options.
- 401(k) plan with company contributions.
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and flexible work schedules.
- On-site fitness center, café with healthy options and free parking.
- Short-term disability insurance and voluntary long-term disability.
- Voluntary life, accident, and critical illness insurance.
- Company-wide cookouts, pot-lucks, and work-day events.
- Opportunities for career enhancements through training programs and educational programs.
- The opportunity to make a difference in the ever-growing healthcare field.
Physical and Cognitive Demands:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms above shoulders; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; climb and balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and color vision. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. No employee is authorized to lift weight over 50 pounds without assistance.
This role requires the individual to be able to understand, remember, apply and communicate routine, factual information and problems and collaborate and explore alternative solutions; organize and prioritize thoughts and ideas; apply common sense, analyze and make routine decisions which have moderate impact on the immediate work unit; express written and spoken word for internal communications and understand, interpret, and follow oral and written instructions; use basic mathematical skills including counting, adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing, and perform calculations using fractions, percent, and ratios; and operate a variety of warehouse equipment.
Pocket Nurse is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Information is available here: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test and background check (including criminal record check).