Oklahoma Electric Cooperative (OEC) is a nonprofit electric cooperative and is owned by those we serve—our members. We work for our members, not for distant investors. That means any revenue we make in excess of the cost to do business is returned to our members—similar to profits made by investor-owned utilities being distributed among their shareholders. OEC strives to be our members’ trusted, preferred energy provider and impactful community partner.
We believe one avenue to accomplish this is by hiring individuals who will partner with us in providing outstanding service to our members. OEC is currently accepting applications for the open position of Part-Time Member/Customer Service Clerk. This position will work approximately 19 hours/week between 8 am - 5 pm , Monday - Friday, in our Norman, OK office.
The Part-Time Member/Customer Service Clerk Clerk is responsible for providing members and visitors with a positive experience through in-office and multi-media interaction (telephone, email, mail, chat), processing cash and check receipts, preparation of incoming and outgoing mail, and filing and indexing of important documents.
- Serves as first line representative of the Cooperative to members and visitors.
- Greets and interacts with members and visitors in-office, drive thru, and multi-media in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner.
- Provides information on products and services offered by the Cooperative, including prepaid billing, energy monitoring programs, web based applications, peak pricing program, OEC Fiber services, and other programs.
- Promptly and appropriately resolves matters with irate members
- Collects, sorts, and delivers mail.
- Retrieves mail from the post office using a Cooperative vehicle.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail by department.
- Checks returned mail and researches to find updated addressed.
- Accurately operates postage meter machine to ensure correct postage is applied to outgoing mail.
- Organizes digital documents in document management program.
- Collects, prepares and scans paper documents into program.
- Inputs metadata and indexes documents.
- Answers member questions and complaints about their electric and fiber bills either in the office or through multi-media.
- Responds to members in a prompt, courteous, and efficient manner ensuring that the concerns are properly and efficiently completed.
- Assists with outage calls as needed.
- Assists in the daily processing and posting of payments and other monies received in the office and from depositories.
- Reconciles daily cash/check payment stub totals.
- Receives and processes aid to construction payments, general ledger payments, and other miscellaneous payments.
- Balances cash register drawer before leaving each day.
- May assist with
- Taking connects, disconnects, transfers of service, outdoor light service orders and job reports in the office or through multi-media
- Making deferred payment arrangements with members and assists with the collection process during cut-off periods.
Ideal candidates meet the following qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer knowledge
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service experience preferred
- 10-key experience preferred
- Punctual, can work with minimal direction to accomplish assigned tasks in a timely manner, remain calm in fast paced, demanding environment, and able to work in a team environment
Please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to ensure receipt of emails related to your application.