Created in 1978 by Baron Philippe de Rothschild and Robert Mondavi, Opus One remains committed to realizing our founders’ dream of bringing to life one unique wine that expresses the seamlessly blended personality and character of each family. With a great sense of pride in our work to realize this dream, the people of Opus One bring profound dedication and unsurpassed attention to detail in our daily work. We care deeply for the quality of our relationships within the winery, with our trade partners, and with our customers.
Reflecting the spirit, grace, and uncompromised courtesy of the Founders, the Guest Relations Assistant supports the tasting room staff, assists in setup and cleanup of large parties, ensures the tasting rooms are stocked with all necessary glassware, and helps maintain cleanliness in the winery’s public spaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Helps the tasting room staff in opening and closing of the tasting rooms.
- Restocks glassware before, during, and after service in the tasting rooms.
- Ensures glassware is buffed and ready for use.
- Assists in setting up glassware, tasting notes, napkins, and spittoons for private tastings, as well as helps break down these tastings when they are finished.
- Supports tasting room hosts during service by bringing guests water and breadsticks, refilling waters, clearing tables, and assisting guests with any requests or needs.
- Helps open and close the winery’s public spaces by uncovering furniture at the beginning of the day and covering it at the end of the day.
- Maintains all heaters with full propane tanks and maintains umbrellas with proper placement for guests.
- Maintains cleanliness in all tasting areas.
- Helps run food from the kitchen to tables in our culinary experiences, or clear dishes from tables.
- Assist guests in transporting wine to their cars.
- Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of viticulture and enology by participating in educational trainings offered by Opus One and by outside sources.
- Speak knowledgeably about all Opus One representatives, distributors, retailers, and vintages offered for sale at the winery or anywhere in the world, knowing details about Opus One or related merchandise to better assist trade guests with their understanding and appreciation of the wine.
- Assist in developing educational/training aids for use by the Guest Relations department.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.