We are seeking applicants for a full-time Material Handler on our first shift at our Jefferson City location. Standard hours for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM.
DeLong’s, Inc. is a steel fabricator that produces steel bridges and miscellaneous bridge components for the transportation industry and structural steel for the building industry. Due to our unique production processes, we provide extensive on-the-job training. Even without a technical background, a candidate with strong work ethic and a desire to learn and build skills will have the opportunity for growth and advancement. Founded in 1944, DeLong’s offers more than 75 years of stability to our employees through reliable wages and rich benefits, including affordable health insurance and employer-funded retirement plans. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Standard Shift: Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 6:30 PM
Duties and Responsibilities: Once trained and/or certified, the individual filling this position could be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Read work order or follow instructions to ascertain materials to be moved.
- Convey material between storage and designated production areas.
- Ensure all material is stored or rigged for movement in accordance with established safety policies.
- Track, record, and locate material by assigned identification markings.
- Clean and organize storage areas.
- Load, unload, and relocate workpieces using overhead crane, fork trucks, and jib hoists in compliance with all safety protocol.
- Strong organizational, verbal, interpersonal, and time-management skills are required.
- Dependability through regular and reliable attendance is required.
- High school diploma or GED is preferred. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for education.
Important Skills: The following skills are necessary for long-term success in this position, but can be learned through on-the-job training for the motivated candidate:
- Ability to use and read a standard tape measure.
- Heavy equipment experience, including overhead crane and fork truck.
- Material handling or physical labor experience.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and shop drawings.