A responsible professional and technical position involving direct participation in managing short and long-term planning activities, preparation of planning studies and reports, preparation and implementation of growth management activities and processes, and other planning and management functions as necessary. Considerable knowledge and judgment in project-specific technical planning matters and solid customer service skills are required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts research and prepares quantitative analyses and reports.
- Prepares and/or reviews regulatory ordinances, reports, maps, charts, graphs, and other media.
- Reviews analyze and provide proper interpretation and application of the laws, rules, and regulations affecting planning functions.
- Prepares amendments to comprehensive plan elements and land development codes as required.
- Reviews and processes comprehensive plan amendments, rezoning requests, and other land use applications.
- Confers with planning and building staff and other government agencies, private citizens, and other professionals in development-related matters.
- Provides support to the County’s municipalities in all short and long-term planning processes, including staff support at public meetings.
- Coordinated county plans and programs with other county departments and other counties, cities, and regulatory agencies.
- Works with other staff members, County, State, and municipal agencies, and appointed boards and committees in coordinating and implementing planning activities.
- Presents reports and recommendations on land use and zoning issues to the Zoning & Adjustment Board and Board of County Commissioners.
- Manages and implements contracts with outside consultants and contractors utilized to support Development Services.
- If an emergency or crisis (hurricane, flood, etc.) is required to respond/perform emergency and recovery duties. Designated as the successor to the Development Services Director for the Continuity of Operations Plan.
- Employees hired on or after February 1, 2016, must be a tobacco-free person, both on and off the job, for at least 1 year immediately preceding application and maintain the same tobacco-free status throughout the term of employment.
- Regular attendance.
[These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related marginal duties as required.]