At Folio, we don’t just seek employees with a proven track record of success in their chosen profession, we seek to have an organization filled with individuals whose Values and Character align with our Core Values. These values play a key role in the success of our organization.
- The employees at Folio Fine Wine Partners are the most important part of our organization. We encourage a Culture where individuals feel valued, their unique contributions are appreciated, and they’re provided with challenge and opportunity to learn and grow. We appreciate the challenges our working families face and we are sensitive to the needs of the communities we live in.
- Folio employees are curious and creative. They will routinely question process or methods to find better, more efficient ways of doing things. They are uncomfortable with the status quo and always wonder “what if . . . “ They will find new, creative ways of accomplishing tasks in a more efficient and effective manner.
- The Integrity of a Folio employee would never come in to question. They don’t need to be reminded to consider if something is legal, ethical, and the right thing to do for the business. They will always hold true to their word and never compromise our business or that of our partners and customers. They are leaders who take ownership of their duties and responsibilities, and strive to perform them at exceptional levels. They hold themselves and others accountable for the highest quality work.
Sense of Urgency
- Folio employees anticipate and recognize when a task or priority requires a true sense of urgency, and they respond appropriately. They are individuals who display a true passion for their work and for Folio. They are driven to complete tasks, achieve goals, and they are optimistic and don’t give up. A Folio employee is always mindful of deadlines and priorities, and will go the extra mile to get the job done.
- A Folio employee will strive to ensure not only their own success, but also the success of their customers – internal and external. They will consistently give credit appropriately, and have a true desire to see others succeed as much as if not more than themselves. They are excellent listeners, seeking collaboration to find mutually beneficial outcomes. They are flexible and open to change and new ideas. They are always seeking opportunities to learn, grow and develop their own skills and knowledge.
We are seeking an experienced Staff Accountant with current wine industry related work experience. Reporting to the Controller, this role is responsible for all production and purchase cost accounting activities for the company, in addition to various assigned tasks and responsibilities including AR and AP activity processing. This hands-on-role will also provide financial support to all functional areas of the business. Ensuring the day to day integrity of financial information, month/year end close processes, and general ledger reconciliations associated with inventory assets. This position provides review for all aspects of production and inventory cost accounting.
Banking and Accounting Activity Processing (50%)
Process all bank activity daily for both Folio & Animo, including checks received and ACH deposits.
Process all vendor invoices for Folio and Animo daily. Check for proper coding, make copies for the bill back process.
Run checks weekly for both Folio and Animo, obtain required signatures, copy, mail and file.
Update all cash spread sheets.
Process stop payments, stale dated checks, check re-issues and voids.
Post all activity debits & credits through Navision. Research any discrepancies with resolution before month end close.
Set up new vendors and customers in NAV when needed, including obtaining tax reporting information from vendor/customer profile form.
Prepare annual reporting of 1099 forms.
Ensure Concur employee expense reports are processed every other Thursday.
Production and Purchase Cost Accounting (30%)
Work with Production Associate to ensure accurate and timely valuation and completion of bottling materials inventory transactional activities.
Perform costing of monthly bottled and purchased inventory and analyze all variances as well as provide insight into other inventory cost fluctuations.
Assist in accounting and participation in physical inventory count activities.
Manage invoice approval and coding, including grape payments, bulk wine purchases, grape assessments, freight, etc.
Assist with acquisition accounting for all inventory components.
Provide on-going financial reporting and analytical support to Controller and CFO.
Ensure valuation of inventory meets GAAP requirements.
All other duties as assigned.
General Ledger and Reporting (15%)
Ensure all monthly journal entries are prepared and posted to the general ledger timely and accurately for inventory.
Prepare monthly/quarterly balance sheet account reconciliations timely.
Lead the monthly close cycle process for inventory and work with other departments to improve cycle times and completeness of data associated with production and inventory areas of the business.
Preparation of accurate and timely reports and other interim schedules as needed to meet both internal and external reporting requirements.
Miscellaneous Tasks as Assigned (5%)
Research and report on inquiries to vendor payables and customer receivables, working with other departments to gather transaction details.
Assist with analysis and report on variances.
Assist with annual audit and preparation of work papers for external tax firm.
Assist with documenting procedures and controls.