1. Maintain a Dean relationship with passengers, parents, guardians, contracting agency, co-employees and the general public.
2. Establish safe and efficient transportation routes.
3. Supervise the performance of company employees, provide direction, leadership, counseling, recognition and discipline as appropriate.
4. Review and respond to passenger behavioral concerns.
5. Interview and select applicants to maintain staffing level.
6. Determine equipment and vehicle needs, including school bus seat configurations, wheel chair capacity, and any other related equipment.
7. Work in a team which includes attending weekly conference calls, monthly supervisor meeting and annual supervisor in-service.
8. Prepare accurate billing information for field trips, mileage logs, and student passenger attendance report.
9. Organizes and attend school bus training events.
Additional Job Functions
Performs other duties as required.
1. Operate office equipment, company vehicles and communication equipment.
2. Plan, organize and direct school bus transportation services.
3. Effective verbal and written communication skills.
4. Work independently and efficiently.
5. Supervise and evaluate performance of assigned staff.
6. Ability to deal competently with a number of tasks at one time.
7. Ability to positively advocate Company to others
Physical abilities required of a School Bus Supervisor
Must meet the Body Mechanics of a Dean School Bus Driver.
Must pass and maintain medical approval for a CDL pursuant to U.S. DOT guidelines.
Must be able to sit for long periods with varying amounts of time in front of a computer.
Must be able to conduct a pre-trip school bus inspection.
Visual and hearing ability, as well as manual dexterity, to operate a school bus and office equipment.