POSITION TITLE: Materials Manager
TEAM: Supply Chain
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, the Material Manager is responsible for overall supervision and effective operation of shipping, receiving, stocking, picking, material movement within the plant, and inventory management. This job will be monitoring and coordinating daily work schedules and warehouse activities; establishing inventory management systems and improvement control processes; recruiting, training, developing and reviewing employees; determining budget objectives and ensuring expenditures are in alignment with approved budget.
The Materials Manager drives material processes to meet daily customer demand in support of on-time delivery.
- Work with material (flow) handling team to ensure material flow from incoming receiving/inspection (raw material storage & control) to line side presentation for production including between processes, end-of-line pick, pack & ship.
- Uninterrupted material movement for production lines and efficient use of labor resources.
- Manage traffic and shipping/receiving clerks daily work, implement and improve strategic freight and distribution processes, manage LTL and TL shipping requirements
- Thorough understanding of effective inventory management practices, cycle count progress, cycle count accuracy.
- Working with the Supply Chain team to oversee the process of excess and obsolete materials.
- Driving continuous improvement initiatives in material handling, inventory accuracy, cycle counting and timely transactional reporting.
- Ensure adherence to safety standards throughout all inbound and outbound freight, and distribution operations.
- Oversee the analysis of transportation costs against budgets, plans and goals maximizing service to the customer.
- Coordinate and budget for current and new equipment evaluation and installation.
- Coach, guide and develop employees on the performance of their work.
- Pursue future process technologies and education.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Have working knowledge of ERP applications, specifically the Materials Management and MRP modules.
- Demonstrated understanding and application of lean manufacturing principles
- Effective verbal and written communication skill
- Cross functional mindset
- Successfully manage shifting deadlines and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Solid quantitative skill set and the ability to analyze, think and communicate with well-supported data
- Demonstrated understanding of financial measurements and goals
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and data analysis skill set
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Previous leadership experience required
Bachelor degree in a Logistics or Supply Chain related field preferred
4-5 years of experience in warehousing, material handling and inventory control practices
- All Employees
Glenroy strives to provide a workplace free of health & safety hazards. In order to do this effectively we rely upon every person in the company to follow the policies and procedures we develop. We also require all employees to contribute to the overall safety of our business by providing feedback on safety issues. It is therefore your personal responsibility, as a condition of employment, to follow our safety policies and to report conditions that you feel are not safe.
- Company Leadership
Leadership has the responsibility to understand, support and enforce all applicable Glenroy health and safety programs. This includes, in conjunction with the Continuous Improvement & Safety team, performing team incident investigations, and implementing any necessary corrective action. Leadership must also play an active role in identifying safety hazards on new equipment installations, and ensure that team employees attend required safety trainings.
- All Employees
Glenroy strives for the highest quality products and service levels in the industry. In keeping with our tradition and heritage of building a culture of quality, the Company app