The Controller is responsible for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintaining a system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets. In addition to the financial tasks, will work closely with the CEO to lay the financial foundation for our next phase of growth.
· Maintains and enforces a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
· Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
· Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures
· Analyze financial statements on monthly basis; perform variance analysis and ad hoc financial analysis to assist in corporate decision making
· Work with Senior Management and Operations Managers to ensure financial directives are followed.
· Ensure that accounts receivable are collected in a timely fashion
· Manage accounts payable
· Complete bank reconciliations
· Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
· Issue timely accurate and complete financial statements
· Gather relevant data and prepare the corporate annual report
· Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
· Produce various annual forecasts
· Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
· Tax filings and reporting