· Implements person-specific therapeutic interventions within an individual’s home and communicates the benefit of these interventions to primary caregivers
· Offers consultation and hands-on education with entire family/support system to create a safe, nurturing, and meaningful environment for families and individuals with developmental disabilities
· Establishes rapport with guest/individuals with intellectual disabilities and challenging behaviors, while maintaining respect for each guest/individual’s dignity, individuality and right to confidentiality.
· Assists individuals with daily activities, personal care, behavioral health needs, and health, wellness and leisure activities.
· Maintains professional boundaries with clients and follows ethical and licensing guidelines.
· Monitors individuals for any mental health or behavioral symptoms and provides crisis prevention, intervention and de-escalation supports in accordance with crisis guidelines and person’s plan.
· Participates in development and implementation of persons’ cross system crisis prevention plan.
· Plans, structures and prompts social and leisure time activities, including activities that build skills for behavior management, stress management, communication, adaptive living and daily living.
· Serves as a positive representative for agency with other professionals, families and the community.
· Maintains timely documentation, progress notes, and other data, including incident and accident reports.
· Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting significant changes in behavior and health.
· Communicates with other staff and supervisor on progress, needs, concerns and changes.
· Adheres to program standards and policies as well as local, state and federal regulations.
· Assists with discharge planning.
· Possesses knowledge and ability to utilize computer word processing and data programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based data entry, etc.
· Demonstrates capacity to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
· Provides support at the START Resource Center when there are no individuals requiring their assistance in the community.
· Other duties as assigned.