Summary: Responsible for providing assistance and support to residents with all aspects of daily life in accordance with the resident's individualized service plan, including bathing, dressing, dining, activities, laundry and personal care by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Participates in development and updating of resident care plans.*
- Provides assistance with activities of daily living for assigned residents for their shift based upon the resident's individualized care plan.*
- Performs activities of daily living include bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting.*
- Provides assistance to residents with dining as needed.*
- Encourages resident participation and engagement in community activities.*
- Provides assistance to residents through daily light housekeeping services such as making beds, taking out trash, tidying up a resident's room and doing residents' laundry.*
- Becomes acquainted with each resident as an individual, learning their personal history and likes/dislikes.*
- Builds a meaningful relationship with residents and their families.*
- Conducts routine wellness checks on residents throughout each shift.*
- Communicates any changes in resident's condition to the nurse.*
- Completes all assigned training, both initial and ongoing, within the designated time frames.*
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward all residents, visitors, and co-workers.*
- Works cooperatively with co-workers as a team to ensure resident needs are met.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of basic computer skills. Ability to login and use electronic health system (EHR) to document completed tasks, and online training programs..
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and less than one year related experience or training.
Certificates and Licenses:
- CNA required for Memory Care
- CNA a plus, but not required for Assisted Living
Knowledge, Skills, and Other Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Written and verbal communication.
- Ability to speak slowly and clearly to be understood by people with hearing loss
- Ability to work as part of a team, to adapt to various personality types, willingness to help co-workers, and adaptability.
- Time management skills to arrive to work on time, and accomplish assigned tasks during a shift.
- Patience, compassion and empathy with others.
- Respectful; interacts in a polite manner, responsive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to contact precautions and droplet precautions. The employee is frequently exposed to airborne precautions. The employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, and bloodborne pathogens.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.