Looking to take on a few extra hours of work in your community and want to be in a location that makes a difference for our residents? Want to flaunt your top-notch customer service skills in a setting that is positive and fun? Please apply if this position makes your heart skip a beat. Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate.
Teton County WY is a place where everyone can grow. So, however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day. Teton County WY is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all Federal, State and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of sex, race, creed, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, ancestry, family status, medical condition, family care leave, genetic predisposition or status as a covered veteran and other protected classifications.
Teton County WY fully embraces the concept of a diverse work force and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for disabilities and religious practices when necessary. This policy applies to all employment decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations.
SUMMARY: Under basic supervision, performs basic clerical and administrative duties in support of staff and patrons within scope of authority and in compliance with County polices and quality standards.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required. The job description is subject to change at any time by the employer. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answers phone calls; greets walk in customers; responds to various inquiries about programs.
- Collects payments; completes report reconciliations; balances deposits daily.
- Sets up and breaks down program equipment; monitors the activities of the gym and multi-purposes rooms.
- Assists with minor maintenance and repair tasks throughout the facility; cleans lobby and recreation areas.
- Orders, receives, and distributes supplies and equipment; maintains office supply storage areas.
- Accesses department files; locates information for customers, staff, local agencies, and others as authorizes.
- Supports the relationship between the Teton County staff and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with visitors and County staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and County information; performs other duties as required or assigned.