The Logistics Specialist is responsible for the maintenance of the forklift and all forklift movements. These movements are done in a safe, precise, and timely manner with the help of a spotter on the ground. The Logistics Specialist uses the forklift to make any boat launches/retrievals for dry storage customers and for the service department upon request. He or she will have to communicate with a trained spotter to safely and accurately move boats with the forklift. This team member is expected to conduct themselves with a professional and safe attitude. When not operating the forklift, the specialist partakes in whatever activities are necessary to continue the smooth progression of the day's activities.
• Inspect forklift daily and report any issues to manager before operation. Fuel forklift as needed, and grease forklift weekly.
• Operate the forklift upon request by customer or department with help of a trained spotter.
• Use safe and calculated operating techniques.
• In between moves, the forklift operator is expected to maintain a clean forklift and storage barn.
• In-water boat movements
• Anything else asked of the forklift operator when he/she is not on the forklift.