Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Temporary Social Distancing Attendant! There are eight, part-time, variable hour, temporary, non-benefited positions available.
What you’ll do:
This position provides guests with information and assistance relating to new zoo operations in response to COVID-19 regulations. This includes providing general directions, zoo information, safety rules and guidelines, and COVID-19 protocols. In response to COVID-19 and the ever changing health & safety protocols, guidelines, and policies related to social distancing, personal protective equipment, and other guidelines as determined by King County Public Health & the CDC job duties may change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Must be able to deal with last minute changes and updates.
- Provide information and assistance to the public and staff in person including: general information, sanitation station, and social distancing guidelines.
- Provide zoo information such as exit locations, safety rules and guidelines, COVID-19 protocol and other information and assistance in case of an emergency.
- Maintain health & safety protocols related to social distancing, personal protective equipment, and any other guidelines as determined related to COVID-19.
- Interact directly with and assist visitors of all ages. Expedite visitor entry, established queuing lines, and help with social distancing guidelines in a positive, customer friendly manner.
- Ensure a safe environment for visitors, staff, and volunteers; monitor guest flow in regards to social distancing for key areas and entrances and reports safety concerns to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Attempt to rectify visitor disputes, complaints, and issues or escalate to supervisor or security if appropriate.
- Supports zoo policies in a professional manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma, or general education degree (GED); or three or more months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic computer skills and ability to access email and submit electronic timesheet.
- Possess a professional and positive attitude in a stressful environment.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly in a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Enjoy working with and serving diverse populations.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varying hours and a flexible seasonal schedule, including weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- Ability to be reliable and have punctual attendance habits.
- Commitment to the zoo’s mission and core values.
- This position must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- This position may be required to stand for a large portion of the shift.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment may be higher than moderate based on number of visitors, events, and entry areas of the zoo.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Resumes are required and cover letters are preferred, but optional.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.