Duties to be performed:
• Assists with ADL’s, provides direct care to residents, as necessary.
• Reviews the resident’s assessment and ISP before caring for residents
• Gives or assists with personal cares including but not limited to hygiene, oral care, showers, sponge baths, tub baths, shampoos and sets, nail and skin care.
• Assists with toileting as necessary, including care of incontinent residents
• Assists with or shaves residents.
• Supervises or assists resident with taking medications and develops a working knowledge of medications and possible side effects.
• Takes vital signs as directed by the Administrator
• Reports observations to Administrator or Shift Leaders and documents appropriately
• Maintains confidentiality of resident’s records including identity, behavior and medical conditions.
• Maintains appropriate records at the direction of the Administrator or Shift Leaders
• Maintains a clean and safe working environment, including performing house cleaning duties
• Cleans all common areas and windows
• Cleans resident rooms and bathrooms, including keeping resident personal property neatly organized
• Washes, folds and puts away laundry, distributes to appropriate residents. Ensure residents names are on all clothing, towels, sets, socks, and etc at all times
• Arranges and assists with leisure activities as show on activity board and encourages resident participation
• Assists with restorative activity, ambulation, range of motion as instructed by the Administrators or Shift Leaders
• Assist with admission and discharge of residents
• Is aware of the disaster emergency plan and evacuation procedures established for the facility and participates in drills
• Uses all materials, food and supplies resourcefully, reports needed items to the Administrator
• Attends all mandatory staff meetings and in-services
• Attends required CBRF training and provides copies of certification to the Administrator
• Is aware of and familiar with Residents Rights and Wisconsin Administrative Rule HFS 83
• Becomes familiar with the Policy & Procedures Manual and is prepared to implement its content
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Regular Attendance
• Ability to take direction
• Uses good judgment
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Ability to organize and work with others (TEAMWORK)
• Must have basis computer skills
• Physically able to bend and lift (minimum of 70lbs.) and climb
Experience and Training Requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Universal Precautions (obtain before working with resident’s)
• First aid, Dietary certification (or obtain within 90 days)
• Fire Safety Training (or obtain within 90 days)
• Certified Nursing Assistant certificates needs to be present and copy made for the office, if NO certificate must attend Block I to obtain certification within 6 months, preferably in 90 days
• Medication, and Diabetic certification, (or obtain within 6 months). ALL staff is required to be a med passer.