The Biomedical Engineering Department (BMED) and Department of Facilities Management Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing various secretarial, receptionist, budgeting, timekeeping, customer services, and administrative duties supporting the Biomedical Engineering Manager and Director of Facilities Management. The work involves the use of local area networks, personal computers, printers, fax machines, and variety of software packages to perform Facility Management tasks, data and word processing assignments. Additional duties include preparing meeting minutes, scheduling meetings, and provided support to the department managers and others as needed or directed.
- Demonstrates a pleasant, professional demeanor when greeting and assisting employees, visitors, and vendors with all requests.
- Receives incoming calls, identifies and determines appropriate course of action. Directs all urgent medical equipment requests to the right technician for immediate intervention, reducing delays or interruptions of patient care.
- Verify, upload and archive all third-party field technician service reports into the Biomedical and Facilities Management service management platform. Issuing and retrieval of all visitor’s badge(s) once services have been completed.
- Assisting Biomedical and Facilities Management personnel with the entire procurement process, receiving all equipment parts or services, and verifying payment.
- Ability to utilize web-based software platforms used for service management, timekeeping, for staff and technician timekeeping, and enterprise resource planning (ERP) for procurement processes.
- Responsible for verifying all documents uploaded into the procurement financial platform, adhere to the necessary healthcare accreditation survey and financial audit requirements.
- Responsible for data entries and processing of reports for their respective areas.
- Assist in developing, tracking, and maintaining a complete equipment inventory list.
- Ensures correspondences are timely, maintains control of action documents and time-sensitive correspondences, performing follow-up as necessary to ensure timeliness.
- Assist with developing a Preventive Maintenance (PM) program for each piece of equipment using information from owners' manuals, equipment inspection reports, and data acquired from the Facility Maintenance staff, vendors, contractors, and the Maintenance Foreman.
- Schedules and assigns Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasks for each piece of equipment with input from the Maintenance Foreman or Field Supervisor.
- Receive and review completeness of work requests; determines if work requests are routine, urgent, or emergent.
- Assists and collaborate and work with Biomedical Engineering Manager and Director of Facilities Management in maintaining/updating all building healthcare accreditation documents (as needed).
- Assist Biomedical and Facilities Management personnel with maintaining an inventory supply of all frequently used medical and facilities equipment repair parts, ordering replacement parts as needed to minimize delays and interruptions to patient care services.
- Assist with validating all departmental documents regarding all medical equipment repairs and service agreements, requiring stakeholder signatures to execute and implement all contractual terms and conditions.
- Reviews each completed work order to ensure that labor hours and material costs are accurately reported and charged against the appropriate cost center and account code(s).
- Provides monthly reports on open/closed work orders, material costs, labor hours, inventory and similar information utilizing the service management platform.
- Obtain quotes from Vendors/Suppliers, prepare and review (for accuracy) all obligating procurement documents for requisitions, purchase orders, contracts, travel/training, credit card purchases, etc. making sure process and timeframes are met.
- Maintains a tracking system to ensure all supplies, contracts, services, or equipment ordered are received and ensures follow-up on backorders including inventory of all received goods, supplies, contracts & services, and equipment to obtain as accurate count.
- Create a supply order list (with catalog numbers) in our ERP application for Facility Department.
- Updates and maintains financial records and commitment register for status of Facility Department using past and present data. Prepare reports that reflect monthly spending and current balances for the department.
- Establish and maintain Vendor Files, archiving as needed.
- Assist Biomedical Engineering Manager and Director of Facilities Management with updating and maintaining the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services and the Joint Commission accreditation binders. Documents consist of full medical and facilities equipment inventory, all medical and facilities equipment service agreements, medical and facilities equipment modification/recalls, new employee education documents, medical equipment risk value algorithm, new incoming equipment processes, leased equipment processes, and missing equipment processes.
- Prepare, review, and maintain various department correspondence for accuracy, including but not limited to schedules, memos, reports, and technical documents, forms, meeting minutes, policies, and procedures for the department.
- Assist with taking meeting minutes for Biomedical Engineering Manager and Director of Facilities Management upon formal request.
- Maintain all staff portfolios, consisting of performance evaluations, competencies, disciplinary actions, time and attendance, and any other relevant documentation.
- Must have the ability to maintain accurate records and prepare clear and precise reports for informational, auditing, and operational use, including capacities for attention to detail and for reviewing and verifying data accuracy.
- Responsible for maintaining confidentiality, including information covered by HIPAA.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The incumbent must prioritize requests received by the Biomedical Engineering Manager and Director of Facilities Management or Senior Leadership Council; to determine the order of importance; must use discretion and judgment when screening calls and assisting various outside support services.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is sedentary and requires no unique physical demands. There may be some walking, standing, bending, and carrying light items, such as papers or books. May occasionally lift and move objects that weigh up to 50 pounds. Regular walking within the grounds of the hospital campus is required.
The employee uses judgment to locate, select, and apply the most appropriate authorized alternatives among the various guidelines covering similar situations. The employee exercises initiative and judgment in deviating from existing department or corporation practices to resolve operating problems.
TCRHCC is located within the Navajo Nation and, in accordance with Navajo Nation law, has implemented a Navajo/Indian Preference in Employment Policy. Pursuant to this Policy, applicants who are enrolled members of the Navajo Nation and who meet the minimum mandatory qualifications for this position will be given preference in hiring and employment for this position and applicants who are enrolled members of any other tribe who meet the minimum mandatory qualifications will be given secondary preference.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees at TCRHCC are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all professional and ethical behavior standards of the healthcare industry.
- Interact in an honest, trustworthy and dependable manner with patients, employees and vendors.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
All employees must uphold all principles of confidentiality and patient care to the fullest extent. This position has access to sensitive information and a breach of these principles may be grounds for immediate termination.
I have read the qualifications and requirements for the position of Administrative Assistant I/II. To the best of my knowledge, I believe I can perform these duties.