Second Harvest Food Bank provides 11 million pounds of food assistance annually, to over 75,000 people per month through its network of 150 member agencies and programs. By increasing access to healthy food, Second Harvest is making a profound impact towards growing a healthier community.
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
The Receiving Specialist position is responsible for the accurate inspection and receiving for all inventory flowing through the main Second Harvest receiving dock.
· Receive all donated and purchased product in accordance with Second Harvest receiving
standards and procedures.
· Ensure accuracy of all receiving documents. Assist in resolving any discrepancies.
· Collect all documentation for inbound freight and accurately identify product on receiving documentation.
· Utilize the ERP system to accurately enter in received food and related materials.
· Responsible for processing outbound delivery/loads with manifests/BOL created accurately.
· Check and count freight for accuracy, infestation and/or damage to incoming food donations and purchased food.
· Maintains all transportation log books for inbound and outbound loads.
· Ability to maintain an accurate and well-organized receiving/shipping dock. This includes maintaining a clean; neat, and orderly work area.
· Help develop, monitor and make recommendations for appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for receiving processes and actively seek opportunities for improvement in the receiving area.
· Informs Director of Agency Network Services of variances or deficiencies.
· Use Ceres to match items with identification numbers; create new items as needed.
· Generate and apply pallet tags and identification labels to all received commodities.
· Retain paperwork and maintain orderly files for future inspection and use.
· Operate forklifts to pick heavy boxes and transport them to staging areas
· Handle returns and exchanges by ensuring that reverse distribution (credit memos) processes are followed properly
· Ensure product is received and put away within an expectable amount of time.
· Operate material handling equipment in a safe and secure manner. Assist with material handling
equipment preventive maintenance.
· Safely drive a forklift in a warehouse setting.
· Assist in verifying food safety standards are met for products and packaging materials through visual inspection, product handling and temperature monitoring when applicable.
· Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
· Complete and perform accurate follow-through on documentation for shipping, receiving, unloading, and warehousing of product, as defined by Feeding America and AIB policies and procedures.
· Work with warehouse team to maintain food safety, pest control, and inventory control standards.
· Perform cleaning and light maintenance activities on all vehicles and equipment.
· Maintain safe food handling practices.
· Maintain safe warehouse practices.
· Participate in and contribute to accurate inventory and cycle counts.
· Maintain vehicles and storage areas in a clean and orderly condition.
· Communicate effectively and respectfully with people of different racial, ethnic and cultural groups and from different backgrounds and lifestyles.
· Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way; providing assistance and fill-in coverage for other positions.
Perform other duties as assigned.
BENEFITS: For the employee: free dental and vision insurance (shared cost for dependents). Free life, long-term care, long-term disability, and AD&D insurances. Shared cost medical insurance: Kaiser and Blue Shield. Eligibility begins on the first day of month following 30 days of employment (i.e.if you are hired June 20th, you are eligible starting August 1st). This benefit package is valued at an average of over ten thousand dollars a year.
First year: 15 vacation days, 12 sick days, and 10 holidays.
403(b) Retirement Plan: Second Harvest matches employee contributions up to an annual cap.
JOB DETAILS: This is a full-time, regular, non-exempt position.Starting salary is $17.50 an hour. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume at https://www.thefoodbank.org/careers