POSITION TITLE: Senior Cost Accountant
Under the direction of, and reporting directly to the Controller, the Senior Cost Accountant will provide accurate financial and cost analysis; ensure reliability of cost of sales, and valuation of inventory.
- Review costs for new bill of materials and routes for accuracy.
- Monitor all variance accounts and provide analysis to operations.
- Monitor all manufacturing expenses and provide information to operations.
- Perform product line and individual job profit analysis.
- Reconcile perpetual inventory to the general ledger.
- Perform fiscal year end analysis to calculate raw material standards.
- Provide adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Provide accurate sales and manufacturing reports.
- Monitor cost data, inventory quantities and sales prices for accuracy.
- Calculate quarterly labor and overhead costs for inventory valuation.
- Assist with fiscal year end audit.
- Contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Enhance functionality of cost management system to enable improved decision making.
- Complete quarterly and annual government and association surveys/census.
- Assist in annual company-wide budget creation.
- Update monthly Step Charts.
- Member of the Scrap Team. Provide analysis as needed.
- Monitor and close production orders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must be highly organized and detailed oriented.
Must have strong problem solving skills.
Must be able to work independently.
Must have a strong analytical skillset.
Must be accountable and a team player.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact well with all departments of the organization.
Advanced Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) skills.
- All Employees
Glenroy strives to provide a workplace free of health & safety hazards. In order to do this effectively we rely upon every person in the company to follow the policies and procedures we develop. We also require all employees to contribute to the overall safety of our business by providing feedback on safety issues. It is therefore your personal responsibility, as a condition of employment, to follow our safety policies and to report conditions that you feel are not safe.
- Company Leadership
Leadership has the responsibility to understand, support and enforce all applicable Glenroy health and safety programs. This includes, in conjunction with the Continuous Improvement & Safety team, performing team incident investigations, and implementing any necessary corrective action. Leadership must also play an active role in identifying safety hazards on new equipment installations, and ensure that team employees attend required safety trainings.
- All Employees
Glenroy strives for the highest quality products and service levels in the industry. In keeping with our tradition and heritage of building a culture of quality, the Company applies three tactics. First, we make every effort to select employees that are intrinsically motivated and willing to accept high levels of personal responsibility. Second, we maintain a comprehensive Quality Manual which sets the quality expectations for the entire company. Third, we have a robust training program to ensure all employees understand the quality expectations and are equipped to perform the required quality checks. At the operational level this means that shop floor employees take ownership for manufacturing a quality product. This includes visual and physical inspection, process control adjustment and conditions that require shutting down the process and suspending product.
Leadership has the responsibility of understanding customer requirements and effectively communicating those to all employees. Leadership also has the authority to make decisions relating to the disposition of non-conforming material in accordance to customer specifications, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), and company policies.
C. Product Safety and Contamination Prevention
Glenroy serves many customers in industries where our packaging must meet their stringent product safety requirements. It is the responsibility of company leadership to ensure that Glenroy employees will be made aware of the potential for product contamination while performing their jobs and daily routines. All employees will be trained on specific programs and policies that are in place to prevent such product contamination from occurring. It is the responsibility of all Glenroy employees to follow the programs and policies they have been trained on.