|As a research and action organization, Center for Policing Equity (CPE) produces analyses identifying and reducing the causes of racial disparities in public safety. Using data-driven approaches to social justice, we use science to create levers for social, cultural, and policy change.
We are research scientists, race and equity experts, data virtuosos, and community trainers. We use data to build a more fair and just system. We partner with law enforcement and communities. Our aim is to bridge the divide of communication, generational mistrust, and suffering. But most of all, we are the path that science can forge towards public safety, community trust, and racial equity.
Los Angeles, CA
The Center for Policing Equity (CPE) is looking for a skilled Administrative Assistant with a passion for social justice issues to support CPE's Development program and the Senior Director of Development. This position is ideal for someone seeking to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven non-profit. The ideal candidate has a high attention to detail, ability to problem solve and independently prioritize work, anticipate the needs of the team, and be flexible and driven to support the team.
The Administrative Assistant must possess fluency or ability to develop fluency with work process tools used by the team, including Zoom, Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Salesforce, Asana, Sharefile, Slack, and others
- General Administration
- Coordinate meetings for the Development program
- Note-taking and other support tasks for Development meetings.
- Sort and distribute Development mail daily
- Provide assistance and information as needed for private fundraisers and events.
- Provide general administrative support to the Senior Director as needed.
- Provide general support of special events as needed
- Support for the Development Team
- Enter information into our donor database
- Record financial and in-kind donations and prepare donor acknowledgement letters daily, including the import of new letter templates
- Maintain updated records of grant disbursements and donations received through organizational fundraising efforts
- Complete any required forms to ensure timely processing of donations or proposals
- Contribute to planning and execution of fundraising campaigns
- Share weekly and monthly reports on fundraising progress for staff use
- Prepare mailing lists, financial reports, donor reports, and other reports for internal use as required
- Communications Support
- Make updates to the CPE website and social media platforms
- Serve as the main point of contact for inquiries to the Development Department, fielding calls transferred from the main phone line and facilitating donations over the phone
- Contribute to planning and execution of communications and social impact campaigns
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, notably Excel and Word
- Proficient in G Suite, specifically Gmail, Google Calendar, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle sensitive information appropriately, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to think critically, using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability and willingness to collaborate with community members, businesses, and other staff
- Proactive in surfacing problems and finding solutions
- Effective time management skills
- Passionate about social justice issues
Other Relevant Qualifications (desired, but not required)
- Bachelor's degree preferred with a job-related major or experience working with databases and fundraising events; or a combination of education and experience
- Experience with Salsa/Raiser's Edge/Salesforce preferred
- Previous non-profit organization development preferred
Application Submission Guidelines
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. To apply, please submit the following materials: