The IT Operations Director is a hands-on role that will be responsible for Information Technology operations, which consists of all servers, desktops/laptops, network equipment, and the management of the IT help desk, systems, network, and database functions for the organization. This position will also be the technical lead for systems and network solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities are a summary of the essential functions of the job. Other duties might be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities could change periodically.
• Provides senior level resolution to internal IT issues.
• Manages systems activities and serves as a senior systems analyst.
• Manages IT help desk activities and resolves escalated issues.
• Evaluates database project requirements and priorities.
• Manages the availability and integrity of all electronic information and data through departmental policy and regularly scheduled backups.
• Ensures maintenance of inventory list of all IT equipment and tools.
• Manages the planning, installation, and maintenance of all computer hardware, including servers, desktops, laptops, and networking tools.
• Creates and maintains documentation processes to ensure the stability and uptime of computer-related resources.
• Monitors, reports, and maintains all technical hardware life cycles and all software licensing to ensure a stable computer environment.
• Coordinates and implements modifications to supporting infrastructure.
• Plans and manages the implementation of all technical projects using full life cycle development processes.
• Oversees the planning and management of corporate IT infrastructure.
• Ensures that current IT infrastructure supports business requirements.
• Ensures computing and network availability (uptime).
• Develops and maintains organizational technology policy and procedures for staff usage of resources in conjunction with Documentation Director.
• Oversees implementation of network security at corporate level.
• Anticipates future IT needs and identifies proactive solutions.
• Manages and prioritizes all internal IT project initiatives.
• Communicates effectively with users to identify needs and evaluates alternative business solutions and strategies.
• Defines ways to increase internal user satisfaction balanced with best business practices.
• Communicates relevant IT-related information to Vice President of IT.
• Manages IT operations staffing and budgeting projection.
• Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training, rewarding, and disciplining of employees.
• Exercises staff oversight to ensure new operations plans, policies, procedures, and transition/migration plans are consistent with company goals and objectives.
• Champions change and effectively manage implementation of new ideas.
• Communicates technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences effectively.
• Reinforces team approach on both client projects and internal initiatives.
• Supports and solicits input from team members at all corporate levels.
• Ensures team is well informed on corporate directions and IT needs.
• Develops and implements IT plans for disaster recovery and coordinates with all departments to leverage IT in their disaster recovery planning.
• Coordinates with all outside vendors for all organizational technology needs.
• Implements and oversees corporate IT asset management procedures.
• Works with Vice President of IT to develop budget.
• Maintains responsibility for capacity planning and vendor negotiations related to IT.
• Other duties as assigned.