Suja makes healthy, plant-based food. We are the largest producer of premium, organic, low sugar, cold pressed juice in the country. Our ingredients come straight from the farm. Each refreshing bottle of Suja juice provides a nutritional, great tasting boost to your day! We are passionate about spreading the Suja Love. We live by way of Suja - leading healthy & active lifestyles and are eager to encourage others to live a long, beautiful life through conscious nutrition. We love where we work, the people we work with, and the difference we make with our consumers, business partners, and within the community.
We are seeking a Corporate Controller where the right, talented, experienced, intellectually curious, driven person can lead the build out of a solid accounting and controls foundation that is required to support Suja's transition from startup-minded to a profitable, sustained, long-term growth Consumer Packaged Goods company. Leading a team of four, the Corporate Controller will leverage best-in-class experience to better utilize our NetSuite ERP system, review, overhaul, and document (as necessary) all accounting processes and controls, and introduce new tools and technologies in support of reducing the monthly close process to two days. Additional projects include leveraging key information from our newly implemented Inventory and Warehouse Management System ERP modules and including it in monthly business reviews, streamlining our order to cash process, optimizing cash management, treasury, and debt management functions, and integrating our production parts inventory system into our core ERP system.
This person will play an important role in partnering with senior leaders across the business by providing them with timely, actionable, financial information to support key business decisions. This role will work closely with the newly created FP&A Manager position to improve the monthly integrated financials forecasting and annual budgeting processes, and will regularly present to and interact with the CEO and Board of Directors. This position reports to the CFO.
- Plan, direct and coordinate all accounting operational functions.
- Mentor and develop a fun, motivated, and high-performing, accounting team.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results.
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements.
- Monitor and audit payroll, A/P, A/R, Capex, Inventory, and other cash-related processes.
- Coordinate activities of external auditors.
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process.
- Support the annual budgeting process.
- Identify and lead initiatives to continuously improve by assessing current accounting operations and implementing new processes.
- Evaluate accounting and internal control systems.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting systems, as needed.
- Develop and monitor business performance metrics.
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance.
- Hire, train and retain skilled accounting staff.
- Comply with State and Federal legal requirements.
- Review and report monthly and quarterly financials.
- Prepare financial documents for the Board of Directors.
- Approach and behavior-cultural characteristics:
- Strong curiosity in tackling complex business problems; dives deeply into the data, relentlessly pursues what it means, and how these insights drive decision making.
- Comfortable operating in financial systems and spreadsheets, and equally comfortable leveraging his/her capabilities to work independently.
- Strong learning agility.? Enjoys and excels in environments where s/he must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues - incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred.
- Expert working knowledge of GAAP, active CPA a plus.
- 4+ years of experience as a Controller or similar position, Consumer Package Goods industry preferred.
- 2+ years of large, national Public Accounting experience (Big 4, or other large Public Accounting organization).
- Exceptional computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite, and extensive experience creating and editing Excel spreadsheets.
- Experience with ERP applications, NetSuite preferred.
- Excellent communication and management skills.
- Experience building, managing and retaining versatile Accounting teams.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and recommendations, and communicate effectively in presentations by developing the “story.”
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture".
- Preferred skills:
- High intellect and ambition.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high degree of diplomacy and composure.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid vacation and sick days
Suja Life, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.