Suja makes healthy, plant-based food. We are the largest producer of premium, organic, low sugar, cold pressed juice in the country. Our ingredients come straight from the farm. Each refreshing bottle of Suja juice provides a nutritional, great tasting boost to your day! We are passionate about spreading the Suja Love. We live by way of Suja - leading healthy & active lifestyles and are eager to encourage others to live a long, beautiful life through conscious nutrition. We love where we work, the people we work with, and the difference we make with our consumers, business partners, and within the community.
We are seeking a Finance Manager, Sales and Operations where the right talented, experienced, intellectually curious, driven person can help continue our journey to develop a world-class Sales and Operations Finance team and play a key role in influencing Suja's rapid growth. With the help from a Financial Analyst, the Finance Manager will build out a newly established Sales Finance function and continue to expand the capabilities of a strong Operations Finance foundation.
Key projects include implementing a national pricing strategy, leveraging customer profitability information from our newly implemented NetSuite Planning and Budgeting (Hyperion) ERP module to drive key insights into sales promotion effectiveness, expanding customer profitability reporting, supporting the kickoff of a revamped S&OP process, helping to craft a profitable three year E-commerce strategy, developing a dynamic capacity and operational efficiency model, and integrating key information from our newly implemented NetSuite Inventory and Warehouse Management System ERP modules into monthly business reviews. This person will develop trusted business partner relationships and work closely with our Sales, Marketing, and Operations leadership teams, will play in active role in managing capex prioritization, justification, and return analysis, and will participate as a core member of our Innovation team to ensure new product profitability hurdles are satisfied throughout the New Product Development stage-gate process. Reporting to the CFO, this role will regularly present to and interact with the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Provide financial expertise, analysis, and guidance in direct support of the company's leadership team, collaborating with team members at all levels of the company.
- Responsible for complex and comprehensive financial activities or functions related to P&L management including ownership, oversight, and support of profitability analysis, operating expense trends, business plan development, budgeting, and other areas relating to financial or managerial accounting and analysis.
- Working cost accounting knowledge, experience developing bills of material, labor standards, and overhead allocation standards.
- Design, develop and prepare accurate and timely reports and analysis, providing financial guidance and general business direction for influencing business decisions and the achievement of strategic goals.
- Investigate and explain variances or unexpected results.
- Design, develop, implement, and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly financial reports that provide management with information used in the decision-making process of various initiatives/projects.
- Provide financial leadership in all aspects of current and prospective business ventures.
- Assist in the analysis of financial data and extract and define relevant information.
- Assume leadership role on the team and manage own team.
- Review and improve workflow and processes within the Finance department.
- Prepare presentations for leadership, including the Board of Directors, highlighting results and recommendations surrounding company performance.
- Assist with key projects with short lead time and ensure an accurate and quality work product.
- Assist cross-functional departments in analysis to improve overall company financial and operations performance.
- Identify and execute financial analysis to optimize business performance.
- Coordinate with the Accounting team to ensure timely and accurate monthly close.
- Coordinate with the FP&A and Sales Planning teams to support rolling forecast and annual budget process, including developing COGS standards and variance plan, overhead department budgets, and capex and depreciation forecast.
- Approach and behavior-cultural characteristics:
- Strong curiosity in tackling complex business problems; dives deeply into the data, relentlessly pursues what it means, and how these insights drive decision making.
- Comfortable operating in financial systems and spreadsheets, and equally comfortable leveraging his/her capabilities to work independently.
- Strong learning agility.? Enjoys and excels in environments where s/he must tackle and solve new and increasingly complex strategic business challenges and issues - incorporating the newest ideas, technologies, and approaches to business.
- A brave, ambitious, and passionate leader who is comfortable in his/her own skin while also demonstrating a high level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness.
- Outstanding academic credentials; Bachelor’s degree required in Finance or Accounting, MBA preferred.
- 7+ years’ experience or 5+ years with MBA.
- Gravitas and confidence to challenge at a senior leadership level, paired with the ability and willingness to get into the detail.
- Experience/understanding in financial management, specifically profitability drivers.
- Experienced manager, able to build, develop and motivate a high-performing team with an inclusive attitude and a collaborative approach.
- Pro-active, open-minded and with a flexible and agile approach; solutions focused and optimistic in outlook.
- Demonstrated aptitude and success in financial modeling, insight generation/analysis and executive communications.
- Outstanding analytical skills with ability to synthesize information, develop insights and recommendations, and communicate effectively in presentations by developing the “story.”
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with strong initiative and ability to multi-task.
- Superb attention to detail balanced by ability to focus on the "big picture".
- Preferred skills:
- High intellect and ambition.
- Unquestioned ethics and integrity.
- Excellent listener, open to feedback, and communicates with candor and respect.
- Outstanding organizational, analytical and project management skills.
- Connects well with others and highly collaborative team approach to work.
- Excellent individual initiative and objective-oriented drive.
- Ability to handle difficult situations with a high degree of diplomacy and composure.
- Expert in Excel, PowerPoint and industry standard financial systems (i.e., ERP systems – NetSuite preferred, reporting and planning tools like Hyperion Planning, Microsoft Power BI, etc.)
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401K plan
- Paid vacation and sick days
Suja Life, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.