The incumbent will perform Injury Prevention activities. The incumbent will be responsible for collecting and analyzing injury data in order to establish injury prevention goals and objectives. Incumbent will evaluate and interpret injury data continuously and develop injury prevention education tools to increase awareness on methods and strategies to prevent injuries. Provides program related information which is relevant, accurate and in a timely matter to participating programs, school and/or tribal, state and federal affiliates. Develop partnerships and collaborations with programs and agencies to enhance the Injury Prevention Program; guide and motivate participants to actively participate in Injury Prevention activities. Gather, compile and submit data required for program performance and evaluation. This is a grant funded position.
INJURY PREVENTION FUNCTIONS
- Collect, compile, analyze and interpret injury and data by collaborating with the Emergency Department and Navajo Nation Criminal Investigation services.
- Prepare Excel spreadsheets to track and maintain Injury Prevention data. Prepare reports and enter data through various informational software systems.
- Establish injury trends and create measurable objectives and interventions for injury prevention education.
- Serve as a liaison between the community, community leaders, Federal and State agencies in order to enhance and implement the Injury Prevention Program.
- Collaborates, coordinates, and communicates with appropriate local, State and Federal agencies.
- Provides injury prevention education to the communities within the Tuba City Service Area and appropriate local, State and Federal entities.
- Schedules and leads the Injury Prevention Committee meetings, prepares and shares injury data and trends with the committee members to develop injury prevention interventions and projects.
- Must be able to identify risk groups of injury data (i.e. establish trends, identify risk groups and sites, research studies).
- Interpret injury mortality and morbidity data from various resources and agencies.
- Work closely with Environmental Health Officers to advise and consult on injury prevention issues for individuals and targeted groups.
- Responsible for requesting records through hospital medical systems to conduct chart reviews. Report statistics to all applicable individuals and entities.
- Attend applicable training in areas of Suicide Awareness such as “ASIST, MHFA, and Safetalk” to augment the Injury Prevention program.
- Ensure proper PPE is worn at all times while on duty including but not limited to, face mask, gloves, gown, isolation gown, NIOSH-approved N95 filtering facepiece respirator or higher, if available), and eye or face shield.
- Complete all donning and doffing tasks in a safe acceptable method and discard of used PPE accordingly. (see CDC website for most current updates)
- Complete task training for all routine cleaning and decontamination processes for all surfaces contaminated by a communicable disease to ensure a high level of patient, visitor, employee and external customer satisfaction.
- Completes all electronic health record entries accurately and timely pertinent to patient care role.
- Participates in departmental workflow and or testing teams as related to electronic health record or other project initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is mostly sedentary, but also requires walking, standing, bending and carrying periods of time. Must be able to hear and talk over the telephone and in person with others. Require the ability to carry light items weighting 20-40 pounds such as books, patient charts, car seats, educational materials and equipment, papers and related documents or files.
Must be able to prioritize and use good judgement; coordinates a variety of issues while being intermittently/frequently interrupted. This position requires teamwork with integrity, honesty, and to ensure completeness of work.