Product Development Engineer (Senior Level) Earthquake Power Equipment
Reports to: Director of Product Development Business Unit 1
Ardisam is an employee-owned company based in the heart of the Midwest. Passion drives our business as we work to become the most well-known name in various outdoor industries including hunting, ice fishing, gardening, camping and more. Our Cumberland Wisconsin Headquarters since 1960 houses our rapidly growing team of over 130 employees. Our commitment to innovation and quality has been exceeding customer expectations for decades with no sign of slowing down. Our brands include but are not limited to: Earthquake Power Equipment, Eskimo Ice Fishing, Ion Ice Fishing, Rivers Edge Treestands, Barronett Blinds, Yardbird Chicken Pluckers, Fusion Drill Powered Tools, and more
This position is responsible for planning and execution of new product development projects and leading the effort of maintaining existing SKUs within the Lawn and Garden categories. This role is responsible for all phases of product development, from initial conception to final production. Product Development Engineers work with CAD designers/engineering co-ops, prototyping technicians, quality staff, sales staff and vendors (both domestic and foreign) to ensure that their designs are efficient to manufacture, successful in the marketplace and reliable in the field. The ability to analyze and solve problems effectively as well as making good decisions are imperative to the success of this position. Project Management is a significant portion of this position in order to successfully take concepts to market.
- Manage new product development projects per agreed upon timelines
- Maintain existing SKUs within the Lawn and Garden categories
- Create 3D models and 2D drawings using Solid Works software
- Effectively communicate project status updates to management by maintaining detailed project timelines and regular project update meetings
- Commitment to project timelines and consistently meeting deadlines
- Directly task or manage Engineering Co-ops and/or CAD designers
- Assist in developing and building supply chains, mainly in Asia, for product sourcing
- Effectively and concisely communicate both verbally and written with Asian suppliers
- Prove concepts/designs and construct prototypes with related team members
- Help to develop and document quality plans and expectations with related team members
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry standards
- Be knowledgeable within the product development/engineering segments of companies ERP system
- Lead the continuous improvement of engineering standards within the category
- Lead the continuous improvement of technical documentation within the category
- Review and approve technical drawings to ensure both design and regulatory integrity.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Proficient in the use of Solid Works or other computer-aided design software applications
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload from multiple projects
- Detail oriented and strong time management and organization skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Hard work ethic and the ability to take on responsibility
- Strong mechanical aptitude, hands-on experience and understanding of metal products and manufacturing methods (bending, stamping, welding, extruding, etc.)
- 3D printing, waterjet, plasma cutting experience
- Basic understanding of costing and sourcing
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Teams)
- 5+ years of consumer product design experience is preferred
- 5+ years of 3D modeling, engineering drawing experience
- Experience and passion for the outdoors and outdoor activities that utilize Lawn and Garden products is a plus
Education: Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or similar. Those with 2-year technical degree and 5+ years of consumer design experience will also be considered.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent), Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions, Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Compensation: Salaried position
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Travel: 10% travel may be required
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.