JOIN OUR GRAIN TEAM IN BIRD ISLAND, MN!
Our Bird Island location is hiring a Grain Elevator Operator.
To learn more about UFC's Grain Department, visit: https://www.ufcmn.com/grain
Primary Objectives of the Position:
Assists in the operations activities of the assigned location for maximum efficiency and profitability.
Assists in the proper receiving, weighing, grading, testing, binning, storing, handling, drying and loading of incoming and outgoing grain at assigned location.
Cross-train and assist both Bird Island and Brownton, MN grain elevators, as well as other UFC elevators
- 3 years’ experience in various phases of elevator operations preferred, but willing to train
- Good people skills necessary.
- Computer skills desirable
- Ag background a plus
- Mechanical ability helpful.
- Must be in good physical condition capable of lifting, carrying and pushing weights up to 100 pounds and have full use of both arms and legs and both hands.
- Must be able to climb stairs, reach above, below and at shoulder level, work on moving machinery, work at unprotected heights with dust, fumes or gas and in temperature extremes both inside and outside.
- Be able to drive vehicles with manual and automatic transmissions.
- Must have a valid commercial drivers license with haz mat and tanker endorsements
- Pre-employment, random and reasonable suspicion drug or alcohol testing required.
- Must attend all training sessions required by law.
- Must comply with all safety regulations and policies of the company.
United Farmers Cooperative, along with competitive wages, offers a number of work/life benefits and services.
Medical Benefit – High Deductible Health Plan with HSA, as well as a low-deductible plan. Wellness component and a prescription drug program.
Single plus child, or single plus spouse
Other benefits include: Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, 401K Plan with 4% Employer Match, Flex Spending Accounts for Medical and Daycare, Profit Sharing, Uniform Program, Employee Discounts, Shop Tool Reimbursement Program, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident Insurance, Direct deposit payroll, Family Leave, Awards Recognition program, Ongoing employee training paid by UFC, Employee referral bonus and Scholarship program.