The Optical Networking and Sensing Research Department located in Princeton, NJ is seeking a Researcher to participate in advancing research in in the area of autonomous network routing and provisioning. Specifically this role will be responsible for developing and updating a functional provisioning algorithm for next generation optical transport system, with target application in 5G network and MEC architecture, and also extend to modifying interfaces for new physical layer technologies and non-traditional architecture such as sensor networks. Our research leads to both award-winning NEC products and publications in top conferences.
The successful candidate should be creative in applying past experience to meet new technology goals and objectives; possess ability in network modeling/simulation and experiment to assist product design and implementation; and be able to work independently and as part of a team, show critical thinking to problem solve.
• PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) with 3+ years advanced research and development experience (industrial experience preferred)
• Strong knowledge in Layer 2 and Layer 3 network protocols, services, and design (such as MAC layer, Ethernet framing, OTN)
•Strong knowledge in machine learning methods for QoT optimization and failure management.
• Good knowledge and experience in physical layer design, including switching node design (such as Open ROADM)
• Good knowledge in SDN (software defined networking) and NFV (network function virtualization)
• Good knowledge of data center networking
• Programming skills and hardware experience for network system development