***This position will have a home office in Durham and will cover cases in the Triad Area.*** This position is: M-F to include on call rotation of some nights and weekends
Position Summary: The position is responsible for performing clinical and coordination services for NC Start Clinical Team. Primary duties include on-site and telephonic crisis prevention and intervention services. This position is responsible for shared rotation of a 24/7/365 crisis line which includes on-site response.
· Implements the NC START supports for individuals (both child and adult) with intellectual/developmental disabilities and co-occurring mental illness or behavioral health needs.
· Maintains linkages and relationships with community partners and stakeholders
· Ensures the coordination of support meetings and cross systems crisis prevention and intervention plans for individuals supported by NC START.
· Participates in required meetings with Team Members, NC START Director, and other applicable parties.
· Completes Comprehensive Service Evaluations.
· Conducts clinical assessments in the form of clinical intakes, crisis assessments; administers mental health diagnostic scales such as the Aberrant Behavior Checklist.
· Evaluates and interprets the results of assessments and diagnostic scales and uses them to determine the appropriateness of current diagnoses
· Clinician uses current or updated diagnoses and biopsychosocial assessments during treatment team meetings to discuss the families’ goals for their client and the client’s system.
· Engages system with continual assessment and goal modification to implement interventions such as play therapy, art therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and soon group therapy.
· Coordinates individuals’ care with appropriate MCO representatives, identified Care Coordinator or other Clinical Home Provider, and with applicable crisis responder (Emergency Services, Mobile Crisis Teams, Law Enforcement, Hospital Emergency Departments, Walk-in Crisis, etc.).
· Identifies and coordinates training and technical assistance needs for providers, natural supports and other components of the system of care.
· Works closely with State Psychiatric Hospitals and Training Centers for support of individuals transitioning to the community.
· Collects and enters required data and produces documentation on administrative and service delivery and overall utilization of NC START services.
· Other duties as assigned/required.