Love animals? Want to make a positive impact on the planet? Come join Woodland Park Zoo as a Compensation & Benefits Coordinator.
This position will assist with planning, administration, and implementation of all aspects of compensation (including job description creation and review, and wage and salary benchmarking). Coordinate in the planning, administration, and implementation of all benefits. Coordinate HRIS functions as it relates to benefits and compensation administration. Assist with records maintenance, workers compensation claims, and organizational safety objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Assist employees with benefit enrollments, changes, and questions.
- Prepare and distribute informational materials regarding benefits and employee policies and procedures.
- Work with the Payroll & Benefits Specialist to reconcile monthly medical and dental billings. Ensure accurate recordkeeping and billing relative to eligibility, current status, change, and terminations.
- Assist with tracking leaves of absences and related paperwork.
- Assist with worker’s compensation claims management and related paperwork.
- Support job evaluation and salary analysis functions, including salary surveys, compensation program, salary structure, and job descriptions and classification.
- Provide strong customer service by responding to employee and supervisor requests for information and services in a timely and helpful manner.
- Maintain confidentiality at all time and conduct daily duties in a professional appearance and manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two (2) year Associate degree or equivalent from an accredited college or university and two (2) or more years of Human Resources experience including benefits and compensation; and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of HRIS systems and applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and handle changing priorities and deadlines.
- Experience/familiarity with payroll administration for different pay groups, including union-represented positions.
- Knowledge of personnel rules, policies and collective bargaining contract provisions.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Ascentis HRIS systems.
- This position may be required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to a typical office environment and/or outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Want to know more? Read the full job description here!
Pay: $26.44/hour, plus benefits
Applicants must be at least 18 years old. A criminal background check will be required of the selected applicant.
Application Directions: Applications are accepted online through our Jobs Page at zoo.org/jobs; no other forms of application will be accepted. Cover letter and resume are required.
Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.
Woodland Park Zoo is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in all of its services. If you need accommodation in the application or interview process, please contact our recruiting team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Woodland Park Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in application and employment for any reason, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, disability or medical status including genetic information, and/or veteran’s status.