Job Summary: In accordance with the established mission, policies and procedures of Batch Control Technician assures that the plant is compliant with food regulatory requirements and reports deficiencies or practices that could compromise food safety, quality and food defense. The primary responsibilities will include documenting quantities and lot codes of all product used by the production department.
Sunday - Thursday: 7am - 3:30pm
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Monitors production conditions, specifications, process controls and tracking controls as they specifically relate to raw materials used in production.
- Document and maintain records for all raw materials used in the production process including disposals, usage, and pre-batching of ingredients. Materials will be logged on the appropriate batch ticket for raw material commodity of interest. Commodities include raw produce, frozen juice, frozen puree, dry ingredients and aseptic products.
- Inspect raw materials for deficiencies relating to appearance, texture, and/or odor before production use
- Tracks non-conforming product and their dispositions
- Perform special assignments as needed by the Operations Manager
- Assists with testing of food products to ensure compliance with standards and regulations
- Report any food safety problems to the SQF Practitioner or Department Supervisor in a timely manner so that corrective actions may be performed.
- High School Diploma required
- Quality Assurance experience (preferred but not required)
- Food Industry experience (preferred but not required)
- Knowledge of food safety regulation (preferred but not required)
- Responsibilities will require an adjusted work schedule, overtime, holiday and evening/weekend hours in order to meet deadlines
- The environment will be wet with temperatures as low as 35F
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must have strong communication skills
- Computer skills
- Be able to adapt to constant changes
- Be able to work independently with moderate supervision
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. We offer the following:
Paid vacation and sick days
Suja offers a fun working environment that promotes teamwork, creativity, and supports individual growth. If you are interested, please submit your resume.
Suja Life, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer