Department: Lawn & Garden
Reports to: Director of Product Development Business Unit 1 (Lawn & Garden)
We are an American company based in the heart of the Midwest, where the seasons shape the products we build. We live the outdoor rural lifestyle and we use our products. We design our products to be the best, and we also feature world class customer service. We have been making innovative outdoor product since 1960.
Ardisam, Inc. is searching for an electrical engineer with the passion and motivation to design new products that contribute to innovative, industry-leading products. The Electrical Engineer will collaborate with a variety of colleagues from Engineering, Product Development and Supply Chain, and work across several product categories and brands including ION, Eskimo, and Earthquake. In addition to being a team player, our ideal candidate is a self-motivated problem solver who finds pragmatic solutions to highly technical challenges.
This position will need to lead the design effort for electrical circuits, AC/DC motors, circuit boards, batteries, and how the electrical systems integrate with mechanical components.
- Design and develop functional electrical systems for existing and future product development
- Lead the development of electrical systems and components from concept to production
- Create standards for the documentation and design control of electrical systems
- Evaluate and develop battery management systems
- Work with the supply chain team to locate, evaluate, and develop foreign and domestic suppliers
- Oversee and assist in the design and creation of testing processes and procedures to ensure and maintain high levels of design quality and production quality
- Effectively communicate across all functional departments including executive management
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry standards and regulations
- Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in electrical design engineering
- Thorough understanding of electrical systems, circuit design, and microcontrollers, and an interest in controls, electronics, and/or embedded design would be favorable
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload from multiple projects
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Capacity to analyze a problem from multiple perspectives and explore creative solutions
- Knowledge of standard quality assurance practices
Education: Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or similar field.
Benefits: Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Personal Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K Plan, Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent), Health Savings Account with Employer Contributions, Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
Compensation: Salaried Position
Duration of Employment: Full Time
Work Days: Monday - Friday
Hours / Day: 8
Work Shift: First Shift
Travel: 20% travel is required
Ardisam, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Ardisam, Inc. is a Substance Free Workplace and requires pre-employment drug screens.
To Apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=3458565