Walters Recycling and Refuse, Inc. is currently hiring a Business Development Representative
Apply today to join the Walters Team!
Walters is a leading provider of waste collection and recycling services to both the public and private sectors in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. We are a family-owned and operated business started in 1988 with a fleet of over 75 compressed natural gas (CNG) and Diesel Trucks and over 70,000 customers.
About the role:
The primary responsibility of our Business Development Representative is to profitably grow the Company’s commercial business within an assigned geographic market. This business unit includes commercial municipal solid waste (trash), recycling, and organics waste collection and disposal services.
A Business Development Representative is responsible for all sales activities, including identifying leads, proactively prospecting, and selling new, profitable services to customers. The Business Development Representative meets regularly with prospective new clients in his or her assigned market area to deliver sales presentations, follow up with key decision-makers and sell all services, as appropriate. Responsibilities also include account retention for the achievement of customer satisfaction and long-term customer relationship and community involvement networking.
This is a Hunter vs. a Farmer role, requiring someone with an aggressive and determined personality to grow our commercial business. This is not a telemarketing position and we do not believe that solutions are a one-size-fits-all.
- Politeness, confidence, tact, patience, and diplomacy while dealing with complex problems.
- 2 Years’ experience in a customer-facing role such as sales/account management and/or customer service.
- Motivational, listening, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to overcome objections and influence decisions through persuasion.
- Ability to produce creative ideas to exceed customer service standards.
- Ability to adhere to tight customer-related deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Trustworthy and maintains the highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- High energy, friendly and engaging.
- Have a personal vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel in a local territory.
- Proven ability to achieve sales goals.
- Self-starter that can work independently or as part of a team.
Other Critical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Ability to collaborate and encourage teamwork internally to get things done
What we offer besides working in a fun team environment:
- A competitive base salary plus generous commission opportunity for meeting sales goals
- Competitive wages - Based on Experience
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid: Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Company Paid Parental Leave
- Voluntary Benefits; Additional Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accidental
- Legalshield/ID Shield
- 401K with Employer Match
- Personal Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Company-paid cell phone
- Mileage reimbursement
Walters Recycling and Refuse Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.