Supervisor: Accounting Supervisor
Status: Full-Time / Exempt
Salary: $42,000 - $49,000 annually
Applies principles of accounting to meet the operational goals of the Finance department by analyzing relevant financial information to prepare account reconciliations, general ledger entries, maintaining and processing a bi-weekly payroll with related payroll accounting duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following.
- Performs professional accounting work in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Prepares monthly and annual journal entries, maintains ledgers, reconciles and analyzes reports, and general ledger entries.
- Prepares standard and non-standard accounting reports and statements as well various spreadsheets required for financial and managerial reporting purposes.
- Works with Accounting Supervisor to prepare audit schedules and reports for Worker’s Compensation, 403(b) and financial statement audits.
- Responsible for bi-weekly payroll processing. This includes assisting supervisors and employees with a web-based time entry system, validating timesheet entries, processing garnishments, recording payroll liabilities including 403(b) transmittal and payroll allocations.
- Maintains accurate benefit and payroll deductions reconciliations. This includes working with Human Resources and Insurance companies to maintain accurate payroll deductions and billings.
- Implements changes in procedures affecting assigned function and recommends actions which will improve the functioning of the Finance department.
- Responsible for tracking and recording deposits from various departments and sources.
- Assist Accounting Supervisor with grant compliance, accounting and record keeping.
- Cross trains to understand the Accounts Payables, vendor compliance and inventories.
- Works with Accounting Supervisor and department managers to maintain consistency in cash handling procedures.
- Works with various technical, accounting and database software and vendor internet portals.
- Other tasks as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position was opened on February 22, 2021 and does not have a closing date. It is considered open until filled; however, application review will begin immediately. Please understand that if offered a position, you will, as a final condition of employment, be required to successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and three (3) years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this position successfully, an individual should have an advanced level of knowledge using financial and database software platforms and Microsoft Office 2016, specifically Excel and Word. Experience with Blackbaud Financial Edge, Ascentis payroll, Inflow are preferred. Must be able to adapt and learn evolving technologies and vendor portals such as Amazon, Amazon Advantage, Bill.com, grant platforms, etc.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, practices, and methods of accounting, auditing, internal controls and payroll
- Working independently from general instructions
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations
- Willingness and availability to work a flexible schedule, including working remotely
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning and Problem Solving Ability
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Ability to problem solve and research solutions independently.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this position, employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Partial remote possible but regular on-site days required.
The above description reflects a general overview of the responsibilities, reporting relationships and position requirements for this job classification. It is not intended to be a complete description of all duties and requirements that may be inherent in the position.